British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i was wondering if feeding insects you finding crawling in your house fine. Because recently I have found many spiders around my house and I was wondering if I can feed them to my cichlids. There are not any venomous spiders for I live in richmond. SO let me know what kind of insects you can catch around your house to feed them to your fish. thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know about feeding, but ALL spiders are venomous. It's a trait the whole group possesses - rather, it's a question of how poisonous they are.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to feed mine flies and bugs, but never spiders. Not that I wouldnt, just never seen them around the house.

·
Registered
396 Posts
go for it the worst that will happen is they will die! but i don't think so.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did a Google search under "do cichlids eat spiders?" and hit the first offering. From there a UK aquarist stated that he fed his Oscar(s) spiders, amongst other items, with no mention of ill effects. That said I guess it would come down to how comfortable you feel about feeding your fish spiders?

·
Registered
479 Posts
i might be guilty of throwing a creepy crawly insect or two into my cichlid tank. they love em more then i would have imagined.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so crazy NdN. they do eat spiders? I say cichlids can eat many types of insects because when you think about it, in the wild, they eat any insects they can find anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts