British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

We just wanted to take a quick moment to let you guys now what's been going on behind the scenes. We're trying to overhaul the classifieds section to keep it cleaner and easier to use.

We've been trying to clear the clutter in the Classifieds section, so you may notice:

• Most of the old stagnating ads have disappeared
  • Lots of ads that have been requested to be closed (with no mods being contacted... for shame!) have been closed.
  • Those pesky ads that were closed but stayed in the classified section have been moved to the Classified Archives
  • All ads over 60 days that have no bumps, no replies, or any other activity what so ever have also disappeared.

Yungster our admin has made a change so that all classified ads that remain stagnant should disappear after 60 days.

What does this mean for you?

This means it will increase view ability, as well as search utilization I would hope. This will only apply to the classifieds section. This will not impact any other of our other threads, so don't worry about all our hard work disappearing on us. I think that's a pretty cool feature if you ask me. For those of you actively posting items or looking for sales, this won't impact you negatively in the least, so don't worry.

As we blitz the classifieds you may be contacted regarding Rule #7. Multiple Ads. If you're not familiar with this rule, please review the Site Rules again. As of right now you may only post 2 ads per section. It's frustrating for all parties when ads\threads get closed "for no apparent reason or notice", so please familiarize yourself with our Site Rules. If we contact you, we expect you to take immediate action to close the threads of your choosing to abide and merge them yourselves.

Moving forward to keep the classifieds clean, please close your own ads, as we won't see them right away, and it annoys a lot of people. If you don't know how, please refer to this link: How To Close Your Classifieds. If it won't let you close it, please contact our moderation team immediately.

Feel free to post comments\suggestions here and we'll try to address them best we can.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Chris - Mod Team

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any Change Request that requires funding is on hold I believe. I like your recommendation though, not only would it give us the pertinent information we require, but we could force to only allow 2 ads per section as well\enforce closing the other ads before they create new ones.

Good suggestion, but it's on the back burner until we can quantify expenditures.

·
Registered
874 Posts
okie dokie, keep me posted...lol. i think if we're looking to generate revenue a 50% off "donator" sale might be in order. call it a "family day" special... :)

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd re-donate.

Anything $$$ related will have to go to Yungster's superiors though, I bet he'd be down for it though.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
seems to make sence thanks for the heads up

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Well said and presented, Chris :D. Thank you for making this public. As mods we try to be fair and diplomatic. Sometimes ads are moved, changed, and/or deleted as they clearly break our rules.

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's REALLY hard to PM every member, wait for a response, take action after (if) a response is given, so don't be upset if we do take the time to inform you of what ads are concerning us, because it is a long process to take care of all of this properly.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
874 Posts
have i mentioned lately that you folks rock? it's a thankless job, stirring the pot with the shite end of the stick, and you kids do it with a smile. kudos.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
One last bump for high traffic.
Does a "ad" about the classifieds fall under the same rules as ads for classifieds? =)

If so
8)No bumping your ad more than once a day.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
feel free to ban him Chris lol
You could have at least liked the sarcasm! Please ban me.. my wife will appreciate it and I'll have to go over to John's to use the computer, win/win by the sounds of it for everyone, except myabe John =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts