British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I am interested in the 152 for sure. I will look at him when I come for the log next week if he is still there. I can likely house the oscar and angel while finding homes for them also. TTYS and drop me a pm if they go.
Do the 152 really get 20" in captivity? I read differing max sizes on them from 30 cm to 50 cm.
Charles, 2Wheels, any pleco fans at all know for sure.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I have an L152 that's 6 inches. They're pretty cool, but a bit secretive. They are not many keepers of them, so no one knows how big they really get in captivity. I suspect the 20" is from a wild caught specimen. Either way, it'll take years for it to get to even a foot I believe. I'm sure once you get it to a monstrous size, someone would be willing to take it off your hands. These are not like commons and sailfins which are a dime a dozen and grow to a foot in 2 years. :D

If you want it, get it. I'm sure you'll like it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an L152 that's 6 inches. They're pretty cool, but a bit secretive. They are not many keepers of them, so no one knows how big they really get in captivity. I suspect the 20" is from a wild caught specimen. Either way, it'll take years for it to get to even a foot I believe. I'm sure once you get it to a monstrous size, someone would be willing to take it off your hands. These are not like commons and sailfins which are a dime a dozen and grow to a foot in 2 years. :D

If you want it, get it. I'm sure you'll like it.
Very true, I had it when Charles first bring it in last year and its only grow 2" since then. Maybe because I don't feed it enough. The fish look more better out of the water because of the scale. Now I just want ray and aro only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.