British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I need some advice. I have a 40 gallon bowfront...we moved it from our spare room to our living room so we could show it off! Our water has been crystal clear, but now all of a sudden its gotten cloudy. It's not close at all to the window, and we live in the basement so we don't get a ton of sun in our place. I've kept the light off since yesterday to see if that helps with the problem.

When we transferred it over I lost about 50% of the orginial water, but everything else i've done is the same.

Just wondering if anyone else has suggestions that might help with this??

Thanks so much! :D

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
is it just sediment that was stirred up from your substrate during the move?
try grabbing some bulk carbon and a filter bag and hanging it in your tank, with an air stone at the bottom of the tank below it so water is being moved up past the bag, or where the water is coming out of your power filter, you want the water to be moving past it... and put new filter floss in your power filter, that should clear things up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
I currently have gravel at the bottom...but things did get pretty cloudy right aways so I imagine it had to do with that! Thanks for the advice, and I will try that out!

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
give a carbon into your filter, or just leave the carbon of the bottom from your the tank, there will be very clear of the water!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
give a carbon on the filter, or just put the carbon on the bottom of the tank, it will be very clear of the water!
best english ever :p

as a note, remember not to leave the carbon in, take it out once the water is clear, eventually carbon can start to release what it absorbed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a gravel vacuum as well....I don't think there was enough of the beneficial bacteria in it. It just frustrated me cause it was so clear for so long. I just took the carbon out as it was looking much better today! I've left the light off as well...I hope when I get home it will be nice and clear again! Thanks again for the input!!!! =D

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
best english ever :p

as a note, remember not to leave the carbon in, take it out once the water is clear, eventually carbon can start to release what it absorbed.
best commend ever too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts