British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

CO2 Gauge Frosting & Hissing

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mikebike 
#1 ·
Hi. I bought a used 20lb co2 setup on bcaqauria. Ever since I've had it, one of the two gauges has been frosting up. There is also a hissing sound, which I assume is coming from the same gauge. Any one know what is wrong and how to fix this? Thx.

#5 ·
Give the soapy water trick a try.
When I bought my CO2 system there was a leak at one of the connection and that is how I found it.
Kind of like how we used to find holes in air mattresses when I was a kid. :lol:

Reactions: NGosal
#12 ·
If you could determine that it is just leaking at the thread, PM me. I may be able to fix that for a Starbuck Mocha w. Coconut milk ;)
If not, I may be able to swap the gauge out for you at a small charge.
You could also bring your whole setup if you want.
I should be able to get you back up and running.

Some regulator is also not worth fixing - including the Milwxxxxx.

I am not far from Coquitlam Centre.

#9 ·
If there is a hissing sound a good chance that it's leaking. Your gauge is frosting coz of the co2 coming out of the gauge from the tank. You can buy a replacement gauge at Dan's brewing supplies, you can also ask fellow members about their broken Milwaukee reg:) . Taking out the gauge is not easy though. Hope that helps;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.