British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
A good place to refill a Co2 tank is at DBC Marine in Richmond. They are a liferaft/ Safety Equipment for marine place. They are on Jacombs road in Richmond, very close to Ikea. I can't remember the address but you can google it. There is a big "Z" for Zodiac sign on the front of the building.

Just head to the right where the fire extinguishers/Co2 tanks are and ask for refill. Most of the time, they will refill for you right away.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have used both KMS tools and DBC Marine. KMS was way to expensive I will never go back. Bring cash to DBC and you will get it even cheaper!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd call the other places, but I would also give Badlandspaintball and Camoflauge a call just to see if its cheaper ^^.

·
Super Moderator
453 Posts
You won't get any cheaper than $15 cash at DBC if who ever is manning the desk there feels like it. Be aware, though that the last time I went I got a bit of an underfill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought the "price too high" information to the attention of KMS and they dropped their price to $19.99 per 10lb refill. At KMS I know they will get me a proper consistent refill, their service is prompt and the price match/beat to Royal City ($21 these days) was very prompt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Today I went to DBC Marine to refill and my 5lb which require hydro test. Instead of waiting a day for it, they swapped me with one of their red canister. He said its the same, now after doing a search, should I be worried?
It cost me $30.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just bring in a McDonalds meal around noon at DBC and they will refill it for you. There just pocketing your money..

Today I went to DBC Marine to refill and my 5lb which require hydro test. Instead of waiting a day for it, they swapped me with one of their red canister. He said its the same, now after doing a search, should I be worried?
It cost me $30.
I hope you didn't trade in your SS cylinder for one of their extinguisher's!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just bring in a McDonalds meal around noon at DBC and they will refill it for you. There just pocketing your money..

I hope you didn't trade in your SS cylinder for one of their extinguisher's!
SS Cylinder is those really nice aluminium ones that aquarium store sells?
Mine is really old, and its orange color with paint flicking off. There shouldnt be any difference right?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got mine filled @ KMS for $3.15/lbs. and he underfilled it(regular guy is not in). he said for some reason he can't get it to fully fill.

probably try DBC next time.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
KMS on Woolridge off Lougheed just after Bloue Mountain. In Burnaby, you can try Royal City Fire Protection just south of King Ed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
KMS on Woolridge off Lougheed just after Bloue Mountain. In Burnaby, you can try Royal City Fire Protection just south of King Ed.
I use to fill up 10lb tank at Royal city fire supplies for $20, but now the tank is half the size and if KMS actually charge by the weight then they are cheaper. :)

ug.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts