British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have used alot of chatrooms on BCAQUARIA already and we had not had good success with it.

I finally found a add-on that seems like it may have alot of promsie. If you have used the facebook chat then you may already know how to use our add-on.

When logged in you will see on the bottom of your screen a gray bar with options such as (chatroom, who's online, Close this bar, etc)

FAQ:

Why does my who's online say 0?

-This plugin (currently) works like facebook. You have to "friend request" people on our forum and then they will be added to the who's online.

Why cant i just see EVERYONE online

At any given time there are about 50-100 users online, when i tried the "all online" option the "whos online" box kept glitching and popping up and refreshing. I have submitted a support request to the developers to see if they could help me. this maybe a option in the future but right now i'd rather it be not anoying

How do i add a friend?

1) Go to the profile of the person you wish to friend request. Here is my profile.

Aquarium Forum - Fish Forum - BCAQUARIA - View Profile: Nicklfire

2)click the "user list" dropbox about middle of the page (to the right of "send message"

3)click Add to Friend list

4)new screen would appear, make sure there is a checkmark in the box that says "also send a friend request", then click YES

I added a friend but i dont see them on my who's online list

Before they show up on your "who's online" list they either are "offline" or they have yet to accept your pending friendship request

Is there a chatroom

Yes i have currently setup 1 chatroom called "Nicklfire's hang out"

1) on the gray bar along the bottom of your screen click the "chatroom" button.

2) this will open up a window, click LOBBY tap (if not already selected)

3) click the chatroom youw ant to join

can i make my own chatroom

At this point we are just going to use 1 chatroom until we figure things out.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just looked at your friend list, and none of them are online, or set to offline.. etc

guess we just take it 1 step at a time

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I just paid a quick visit and it looks pretty good! Nice tool. Thanks Shawn. I spend enough time online as it is so I don't think I'll go there too much, for I will sure pay the occasional visit.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
the only thing i dont like about it is theres no notifications (unless im missing something) when someone inputs a new message so i have to keep opening it every time i switch pages or minimize it just to see if there is something new

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
why can I still not open private chat boxes? even with people who I am friends with

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Don't know, that's weird it was working for me fine and I was chatting with Dave for a bit too.

Have to wait on Shawn for an answer on this one.

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Hello Shawn!

Thank you for installing the new chatroom. I do have one request. Would it be possible to make the conversation text and the time stamping darker? My emphasis would preferably with the time stamp (as it is currently grey on white). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Stuart

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey bud!

I'll look into it, not sure how much customization i have to go on, but i can surely try :) i agree with you though, it's a faint color

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am trying to see if the "whos online" list is able to be fixed, i was given a idea to do something which i have done. So i have enabled "ALL USERS" for the "whos online" Let me know if it's glitches out or anything.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I currently see 16 users online and only myself in the chatroom. When I goto the main forum page I count 30 people online

1 - 20 of 20 Posts