British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys! I HAVE to ask you guys out there in regards to my injury! This is the second time in the pass few years that this has happen!

My lower ankle on my right leg starts hurting... not too bad, all bareable and i can still walk around but with minor pain! I absolutely have no clue how the pain started! I dun recall of bumping or falling on or into anything at all, but I can wake up the next morning in pain. My ankle area starts swelling and I can't really stretch or flatten my foot, otherwise, i'm in alot of pain!

The first time this happened, I was at work, happily walking around and then the pain started to be worst and worst over the hour until I noticed my foot started swelling! I dun recall any injury at all! And it was so sudden that the *F%^&[email protected]* company I use to work for didn't believe me.. they thought I was lying and trying to leave early. But I had no explaination on what happened at all, so my old company assumed that i was lying... and rather make me stay at work and watch me in pain... wouldn't even let me walk next door to the Drug Store to buy some Advil... and when I say next door, I literrally mean 10 seconds away!

Well... 2 days ago.. I remember kinda stretch my legs and that's about the closest thing that could make a difference to my foot! Anyways, yesterday i started feeling a bit of pain, very minor, I still kept walking around at work with no effect at all. By evening when I got home after work, it started hurting quite a bit more and I had to use the hand rails up and down the stairs at home.
This morning... i woke up at 5am in ALOT of pain, couldn't even fall back asleep, had to take 2 pain killers with coldeine and I still can't sleep! I absolutely have no clue what happened!

Can someone PLEASE explain to me? This is the 2nd time this ever happened to me.. and I have NO clue what happened.. i just no I'm in so much pain I can hardly drive!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like maybe a partial rupture of the achilles tendon? dont think it shows on exrays.
Thanks for brainstorming for me! Now THIS is more like something I wanted to hear!
The last time I went to the hospital wuz 2-3 months ago, when I ripped the soft tissue between my knee~ That's about it, I recall the doctors saying that some thing's just dun show on xrays!

But I'm seriously confused how this happen!~:confused:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Only bone fractures and chips broken bone show up on xrays. Ligament and tendons can only be picked up by CT scan, ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

RICE it first. Rest, ice, compressionN and forgot what E is for.

I feel your pain. Try dealing with a honeydew size knee! Sound like an old man right now.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
e = elevate. my cousin severed her achilles tendon completley merely by playing racket ball 5 minutes more than when her pain threshold told her to stop.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Something like that happened to me once. I was out digging up the garden and after a couple of hours my foot started to swell. Another hour went by and I could hardly walk. Went to ER and as it turned out the tongue of my boot was massaging the top of my foot somehow and making it swell. Threw the boots out...
On the way to the ER got rear ended by a Semi and forgot about the pain in my foot, as I now had whiplash.:D

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
You're probably feeling the pain because of the change in weather. I was feeling ok yesterday but woke up in considerably more pain today, probably due to the cold temp (have had the windows open for this past week to air out the place after the 100+g of sw leaked onto the carpets).

The pain from past & present injuries (either to bone or soft tissue) are compounded by cold temps, I have found.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you ever twist or sprain that ankle?
When I was 15 I sprained my ankle during phys.ed. After about a week all was well. Sort of. After that I could never run again without that ankle causing pain. Eventually that stopped. 30 years later whenever I walked a few hours it would start to hurt. One day at work I twisted it again, foot swelled up like a balloon.

Went to the hospital, had x rays done and they found that it was a break that didn't heal quite right. It had broken again. Operated, bone chip removed and leg in a cast for a couple months. This was thirty years after I had 'sprained' it.
Ever twist your ankle when you were younger?? Recall any previous injury at all?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Could be gout.... but youre kinda young for that. Get tested anyways though.
My first thought was gout as well. (tho I didn't know it in English after seeing this post).

I heard gout is very painful and comes without any sign.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
were you walkin in heels by any chance? Microfracture's suck, but can cause that sort of pain. I've cracked my collar bone playing indoor full contact soccer, and it never mended right, so i still feel quite a lot of pain now and then.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
You're probably feeling the pain because of the change in weather. I was feeling ok yesterday but woke up in considerably more pain today, probably due to the cold temp (have had the windows open for this past week to air out the place after the 100+g of sw leaked onto the carpets).

The pain from past & present injuries (either to bone or soft tissue) are compounded by cold temps, I have found.
could have a lot to do with the fall you had the other day. sometimes takes a couple days for the stiffness and pain to surface more especially soft tissue injuries but yah temperature and himidity can irritate any arthritic pain and stuff from old injuries.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only bone fractures and chips broken bone show up on xrays. Ligament and tendons can only be picked up by CT scan, ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

RICE it first. Rest, ice, compressionN and forgot what E is for.

I feel your pain. Try dealing with a honeydew size knee! Sound like an old man right now.
Thanks! But i seriously need more ice pack OMG!!!!! You never get any until you get injured :(

e = elevate. my cousin severed her achilles tendon completley merely by playing racket ball 5 minutes more than when her pain threshold told her to stop.
YES!! That's what I think happened, but can also be previous injuries! OMG!! I seriously dunno, I just remembered I stretch really really hard that nite... could that have anything to do with it?

Something like that happened to me once. I was out digging up the garden and after a couple of hours my foot started to swell. Another hour went by and I could hardly walk. Went to ER and as it turned out the tongue of my boot was massaging the top of my foot somehow and making it swell. Threw the boots out...
On the way to the ER got rear ended by a Semi and forgot about the pain in my foot, as I now had whiplash.:D
:rolleyes: I think i choose a hurting foot than whiplash! LOL!!!!!

Umm.. i had a motorcycle accident last year? just a minor one I guess, and another accident with our family husky this year... but minor injuries as well! But i dun recall something to do with my ankle!

Could be gout.... but youre kinda young for that. Get tested anyways though.
:rolleyes: TOo young~ I HOPE!

Did you ever twist or sprain that ankle?
When I was 15 I sprained my ankle during phys.ed. After about a week all was well. Sort of. After that I could never run again without that ankle causing pain. Eventually that stopped. 30 years later whenever I walked a few hours it would start to hurt. One day at work I twisted it again, foot swelled up like a balloon.

Went to the hospital, had x rays done and they found that it was a break that didn't heal quite right. It had broken again. Operated, bone chip removed and leg in a cast for a couple months. This was thirty years after I had 'sprained' it.
Ever twist your ankle when you were younger?? Recall any previous injury at all?
I'm seriously questioning how i got this... and I never really understood when people said you'll feel it all back one day... o_O i'm seriously scared... only 25 and i'm in unbareable pain!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My first thought was gout as well. (tho I didn't know it in English after seeing this post).

I heard gout is very painful and comes without any sign.
I read that gout is usually above the age of 46 and it usually starts at the tip of the toe! :confused:

were you walkin in heels by any chance? Microfracture's suck, but can cause that sort of pain. I've cracked my collar bone playing indoor full contact soccer, and it never mended right, so i still feel quite a lot of pain now and then.
Nope...! o_O I absolutely cannot think of a single men shoe with heels!

could have a lot to do with the fall you had the other day. sometimes takes a couple days for the stiffness and pain to surface more especially soft tissue injuries but yah temperature and himidity can irritate any arthritic pain and stuff from old injuries.
i think i've hurt the leg during a motorcycle accident? I'm seriously not sure.. i only recall hurting both knees, but not ankle at all!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Just the opinion of a guy who has a made a few (dozen) joint and ligament comebacks

Talk to a Physio therapist, they specialize in this kind of stuff. If they cant fix it in 2 weeks try Chiro perhaps. My chiropracter made great headway with my wrist ligaments, I had no idea they did stuff to hands and feet. I wasnt able to make a fist for nearly a month until I tried Chiro.
Until you can make physio R.I.C.E all the way and vitamin I (ibuprofen) to reduce inflamation.
Recovering from injuries is a labour of love, you have to really want to get better and stay open minded

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the heads up!

I can't get to anywhere right now!
I got a number of a physio recommended by ALL the the coworkers, they say he's really that great.. and i'll have to make an appointment with my chiro when i get a little better!

=( Right now I'm just brainstorming ideas!
My tank is completely filled over the top with wisteria and two other types of plants! How ncie would it be if i could prune it and fill them in small bags (Im sure i can fill 30 bags) and post it up for free =) but I can't walk yet~

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HHAHAHAHAHA!! Such a great idea!

It's really really hard to move around at the moment! But i hafta prune! The water movement is next to none, the fish dun look as active, i think it's not enuff oxygen circulating!

Anyways, U'll see my post up soon for free plants!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts