British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had any Cory's cross breed in their tanks?

I found to my surprise 3 different aged baby Cory in one of my tanks, & they look like they are a cross between a Julie & a Panda. Then I noticed a male Panda following a female Julie like a puppy dog.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nope.. than again I only have pygmy cory and albino cory in my tank. Maybe i will have albino pygmy cory?!!

I only know my albino cory can't see really well (or don't care) as it ran over pygmy cory several times when they searched for food.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Unintentionally but yup, I have adolfoi and panda cross. And years ago, male sterbai and female adolfoi cross.
If you have more than one cory species in the same tank, you may have surprises.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been hoping for some success of breeding the Julie & Panda Cory's, but not like this! I'm not going to kill the little guys, they are too much fun to watch (when I can see them out of hiding) & too cute to just get rid of. I guess I have to make up a name for them now... how about Panda-Jewel or Jeweled-Panda or Julanda lol.

If I can get a pic of one of them I will post it on here. They have the body colour, stripe over the eye & spot on the dorsal fin like the Panda, but the stripes & spots on the body of the Julie, makes for an interesting fish, but they are still only 2-6 weeks old.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That doesn't look half bad, congratulations

1 - 7 of 7 Posts