British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You certainly don't mess around! Nice to see old-fashioned craftsmanship. Good job :)
Thank you, I enjoy building them. Attention to detail is important.

I really like the 65 gallon stand. Was that with pine?

I am thinking clear beech or maple clear for my cube. :D
Nope that was, are you ready, MDF. Painted and sealed very well to eleviate any concerns over water damage.

Maple or birch for your cube would look great. Looking forward to that project.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I love that double stack 46 gallon. I might have another project for you after all. :D I got a 15 long and 20 gallon with the same footprint, one with a stingray and one with a DIY my coworker did for me (a bit rickety but does the job). I'm really like the clean enclosed look.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was a fun build. Getting the curve for the doors was tough. A double stand for a 15 and a 20 wouldn't be difficult. The one I am going to be doing for hoolagal might have her 30g on top, 5g below it, and 2-2.5's below that. Just need to check that it won't be too high with all of them, don't want it to topple.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
50 Posts
Some great looking pieces. Cann't wait to read another of your projects.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Mech Eng. I had detailed the building process for the 65 & 20 gallon stands in the old forum. Next week I should be starting a 30 gallon stand so i will detail that one. It's going to be pink! Never done one that colour before

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Beautiful work, if u need help let me know :D I wouldlve to learn a thingo or 2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts