British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol lately all my shrimps are changing colors... Anyway I got some CRS from Mykiss in March and unfortunately they all died my May. But before they died their red strips (only red) started turning black around the edges on their body. At first I thought Patrick kept his CRS with Crystal Blacks since my original CRS wasn't affected at all. Then I pmed him and he said he keeps them separate and he didn't believe it was diseases. I'm thinking of getting some CRS from Patrick again so I need to know what's wrong. Has this happened to anyone else before? Why are they turning black?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Plantedinvertz, ShrimpNow maybe better!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried but I don't think so :/

·
Registered
572 Posts
Shrimps change color due to stress or sickness just a heads up, so it is never good if they change to different color IMO.

·
Registered
496 Posts
May be possible that the CRS you got weren't full grown yet, and as they grow up some black genes in the shrimp started to show up. Some CRS have black on them and can look half and half.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I seen blackish red crystal before, a weird mix sort of root beer colour.... some say that they will either be black or red but there definately are mutations....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts