British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to open a new thread after the bca's crash:) and to annouce that....There's finally shrimplets (30 to 50) in my breeding tank (However, I am afraid some of the females were already "fertilized" before they were introduced to this tank.)

However, some of these shrimplets are very stunning. Especially with this crystal black! It's so camera shy it took me days before it came close enough for me to take a clear shot.

PS: Sorry I lost all pms from members who wanted to get some shrimps from the crash. So just send me a pm again :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very stunning shrimps!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey thanks everyone for all the comments!!

I have posted my setup before the crash but here it comes again,

Sorry about the uglygreen tank on the left , there were too many berried shrimps there I didn't dare to do too much changes to it (its now gone). I believe they are both 20gallon and measure 24" each.

I took some pics on my other shrimps tonight, here's some of them/

·
Registered
496 Posts
Wow very nice Wilson.
Are they mixed with golden bee shrimps? some seem kindof yellow as opposed to being more pure white.

Thanks for sharing your setups!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Stunning shrimps as always Wilson!! Thanks for sharing. Have you talked to your dad yet about which shrimps he wants to keep? Is it still possible to come by this Sunday?

Elaine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow very nice Wilson.
Are they mixed with golden bee shrimps? some seem kindof yellow as opposed to being more pure white.

Thanks for sharing your setups!
Thanks! I am not too sure but I am afraid so, these shrimps are mainly from the same female which I recently got. If the female have golden bee shrimps gene then I should be getting golden bee shrimps aswell, but that didn't happen. :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stunning shrimps as always Wilson!! Thanks for sharing. Have you talked to your dad yet about which shrimps he wants to keep? Is it still possible to come by this Sunday?

Elaine
No problem Elaine Sunday is good. I will have some shrimps ready for you by then.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Thanks! I am not too sure but I am afraid so, these shrimps are mainly from the same female which I recently got. If the female have golden bee shrimps gene then I should be getting golden bee shrimps aswell, but that didn't happen. :confused:
nopee, if its a mixed female, you don't need to necessarily have golden offsprings. The only way to tell is if the white expresses a yellow tint.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nopee, if its a mixed female, you don't need to necessarily have golden offsprings. The only way to tell is if the white expresses a yellow tint.
yea I get that part but that female looks just like a normal white ones, i might post a pic of her later tonight...:confused:....any possibilty of a white female to have golden bee offspring?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
wow beautiful shrimps!! I am drooling on my keyboard......

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
yea I get that part but that female looks just like a normal white ones, i might post a pic of her later tonight...:confused:....any possibilty of a white female to have golden bee offspring?
yes first generation mixed with goldens it can appear that theres no golden bee gene but another generation of it and you will see the yellow appear. I've actually tried that as an experimenting tank for mixes and i just totally took that down. Although within second generation i got 6 crowns but u can see the yellows and cracking starting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts