British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea if this is the right area to post this.

Can someone give me some info on local custom tank manufacturers? I would deal with Munster, but they aren't around right now.

I want to replace my 33g long with a custom tank. Any help would be awesome :D

Thanks, Tyson.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tyson once you find a place i would also like to know for i am wanting to know how much it would cost to make a 125-180g tank

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
See my 100 tank journal. Based on my experience with this tank, I would only deal with J&L or Ocean Aquatics.

Forgot to add, if you want trimless or any other options, there are literally hundreds of things you can do the edges and look and it's best to do some research and go in person to talk to the seller. I've spent close to an hour with Jeff at J&L going over the glass options at this point, prior to placing the order.

I guess a lot depends on how "custom" your custom tank is going to be.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you want to shop around for the best price, and a great job, for a custom tank, try Nick, the owner of Fishworld (on the Langley/Surrey border - just off Hwy. # 10 (Langley By-Pass) @ about 193 rd St. - same Mall as Norburn Lighting).
Nick has been making tanks for about 20 years & I have seen quite a number of his models - he uses many of his own making in his store. He is currently custom-making 2 or 3 tanks to clients' particular specs. He knows what he's doing, as well as all the ins & outs of freshwater or marine tank needs, &/or particular sizes to enhance the attractiveness of Show/Aquascaped tanks.
Fishworld is in the phone book & yellow pages, at least in the Surrey book that I know of.
He recently closed his 1st large store @ 120th St. & 64th Ave., in Delta.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help everyone.

2wheelsx2, I am going with a trimless tank. I will try to get in touch with J&L.

I'll try Nick as well, see what he has to say :)

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts