British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks:
Here are a few pics taken today of Dale's fry. I've had them for 2.5 weeks now. I have 11: 6 large; 5 smaller - there is (I think) 10 days or 2 weeks' difference between the two groups. They are all doing really well; eating like little pigs :)

I've also been posting updates on SD so I apologize for the folks who frequent both forums. From now on, I'm only going to be updating the fry's progress on SD. You can see the parents here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=80606&page=2

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
WOW!!!
I like that picture too, looks like he's watching over.. waiting to eat him =)
Those little babies are actually quite agressive when it comes to eating. The moment I throw food in the tank, the come charging out and are in the middle of the feeding frenzy with all the big discus.

Its actually amazing how a little discus can eat a 2 in long live black worm

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just think, Gary......by the time you get your tank, I'll be looking for homes for many of these little gaffers....hhhmmmmm.....how's THAT for timing :D

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Just think, Gary......by the time you get your tank, I'll be looking for homes for many of these little gaffers....hhhmmmmm.....how's THAT for timing :D
Stop that. I haven't even ordered the tank yet. Will do it this week I think.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Gary,

I'll give you a better deal than she will for my 2, I'm just growing them out because apparently, I can't in the big tank :D
Hahaha...thanks, I'll be speaking to you both once my tank is ready. I'll be wanting more than 2. :p

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Shelley, they look great. It must be fun watching them change as they grow eh? I know it is neat when they are 3"+ when I receive them.

Gary, they'd look good in the cube. Shelley's babies, my stand. A good combo.....

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Daniel: It's pretty awesome, but nerve wracking too! I'm used to the feeding and constant water changes, but they won't stop. Ever. Even when I turn the lights out at night they don't sleep. If I walk by the tank, they freak and jump out! I know that being so active is a good sign that they are healthy, but I kinda wish they'd slow down just a bit :)
Overall, it's pretty neat. I've already got my favorites (I know - bad discus mommy :eek:) but I can't help it: the littlest guy of the bunch is just a bruiser - beats up on EVERYTHING, and then there is one that looks like it's covered in fairy dust - it's a very, very pretty little fish. But, yeah, I'm enjoying them all. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is willing to give up .... what's that thing called, what is it.....oh, yeah - A LIFE!!!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
you can switch to 50 percent a day now..shelley..once . they arent so fragile now..
i have my two in with all the red turks now..see how that goes.
joseph..it will be a contest..you, me, dean and shelley..see how they go with shape also..not just size. hope i dont lose..lol. ill have to step down as discus queen. lol.
there will be lots more coming in the fall. lots of different F1s. stay tuned..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts