British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you buy a Datnoid that is unstable, will it ever go Stable?
Is it because of their enviroment? Water Conditions?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
i doubt it , but who knows maybe it is unstable cause of the enviroment ? and a change may help it ?

i know mine would go unstable during waterchanges , or during transport , or when i was netting other fish ? but they would always bounce back !!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya nobody likes the Poo-Brown Dats..your store in Richmond does have some..but i dont think its worth the drive for one thats unstable :(

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
They do get stable depend on the mood. Substrates and other dats or other tankmates will also help it to make it stable. However some will take time. Most small dats, especially IT in most cases, they are unstable at 6" or smaller. The older they get and the more they get used to the tank the more stable they become.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This is how I got mine stable. Your datnoid is not conscidered "stable" until it is always nice and gold. A stable datnoid should not change colour even if it's enviroment is being changed, ie: during a water change. Some say that a datnoid doesn't become stable because of it tank set-up. Some say that if you have lots of places for the dat to hide it will take a very long time for it to become stable or it might never become stable. People say that if you put the datnoid in a tank that has no decor and is bare bottom, I personally don't know why they say this will help but it WORKS! I put my guy in a tank like this for a little while with no other fish and just like that over a period of time he became stable. Then when I put him back into the main tank he never went unstable again. Others feel that if unstableness can be caused by tank mates. If your dat is being pushed around by other it will most likely not be stable. OR some say that if your tank is crowded with fish the tank might not be happy OR it could also make the dat stable because the more fish the less territory conflics and therefore less aggresstion. But if I were you I would just feed it very well and put the datnoid into a bare tank by itself...it will most likely become stable. If not luck then further your mission to help get your datnoid stable by trying other ideas.:)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think patience is the key here..so im going to wait..eventually there will be one for sale....thanks JUICE_man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts