British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UHG! I JUST found 4 rummynose tetras DEAD! And 1 male guppy >.< I think it's the over stocking coming back to bit me in the butt! But the raphael, and Hoplo are still going strong, my faves :3 Now I have 4 guppies, 2 rummynose tetras, 1 raphael catfish, 1 hoplo, 1 clown loach, 3 peppered cories, and 2 bandit cories.! I think I'm just going to give someone the clon loach, rummynose's and guppies to someone, and keep it a catfish tank :S I feel horrible!!! I think most of them died from lack of oxygen, because the Fluval u2 I usually have the bubbles on, and last night I turned it off... :'( Oh and I have 1 bushy nose pleco :( Did I do something wrong, :(?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
As i said... sorry to hear that!
But unfortunately, i'm not sure what's a hoplo!

And when my guppies grow, and you do drop by Richmond, gimme a shout! I'll definitely hook you up with some =) Cheer up~

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As i said... sorry to hear that!
But unfortunately, i'm not sure what's a hoplo!

And when my guppies grow, and you do drop by Richmond, gimme a shout! I'll definitely hook you up with some =) Cheer up~
Thanks But I don't think I'll be up for any more guppies. "_"

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
If your internal filter is not moving the surface without the air then yes, turning off the air injection may have caused your problem. The surface of your aquarium must have strong agitation to increase your oxygen level. Sorry ot hear of your losses.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I bought mine for cheap.. they say they break easily, but mine's lasted for 2 years and running great!
Zoomed.. cheap and affordable =)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Just go on bigalsonline.ca and see what you can get, rio seem pretty cheap!

Btw.. nevermind.. the ZooMed i have... they were $50 bux... i have no clue how i paid $20.. even the sticker is still on it!

Or go Aquaclear.. they're cheap and effective!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts