British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone paid for their fish and shipping and the order has been placed.
--------------

I've decided to setup the order myself, since I am not convinced about the other group buy.

The prices of the fish are good enough that its totally worth it for me to just place the order myself, and thats what I am doing.

I personally want the fish to arrive on the 4th of August, but if anyone else is interested, then the date is flexible until the 10th.

From what I've heard from the owner, its "smoother" if I setup the order on Tuesday or Wednesday, so the tentative dates will be:
1. Aug 3rd
2. Aug 4th
3. Aug 9th
4. Aug 10th

The fish arrive next day by 3PM at my place (New Westminster).

I am ordering from: www.livefishdirect.com
If you are interested in any of the stocks, then PM me with the following:
1. Name and size of the fish(es)
2. Quantity
3. Link to the actual fish(es)

Shipping Cost: $100 total. (will be shared equally between buyers)
The shipping is a flat rate of $65 no matter how big the order is.
I am going to put up a rate for $100 (customs + tax etc). If it is less I pay you back the difference.
The owner did say that he will mark the package as "gift" when he sends to me.

---

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
so shipping is $100 each person or for entire order being split between everyone?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the shipping will be $100 total.

If we have 4 people, the price will be $25 per person.

This is my first group buy and from what I know so far the shipping cost would be around $100. If the total price ends up being more than $100, I will be willing to suck it up as long as its not too much (mainly because I stated $100).
Eg: I posted $100, The shipping cost ends up being $125. The extra $25 is out of my pocket.
If it ends up more than that (which I highly doubt), then we can split it equally.
---

I am all for putting the order for myself, just offering it to others who might be interested. :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated deadline to 31st of July.

The order will be placed on the 1st August and the fish arrives on the 4th of August (Wednesday)

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 more people joined in.

If we can get a few more, then it will literally be no shipping :)

Remember, the sign-up time ends this Sunday. I am placing the order on Monday morning.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One person paid already. The others will pay once they decide on their fish.

One more day for anyone willing to join in.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First thread states:

"Payment will be via paypal once its confirmed.
I will be sending PMs to everyone involved with more information on Sunday."

You can pay me through paypal or pay me in person before I put up the order. Ryu is paying me in person tomorrow; qyrus already payed through paypal.

If you are interested, PM me the details of the fish you want; with the link, quantity, size etc

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How does someone pay you? I was contemplating some of the glo zebra danios even though they are pricey
I looked up into the glo zebra danios. It seems that they are artificially colored fish and I would advice against getting them.
1. Its animal cruelty (In my personal opinion)
2. These fish will die long before their lifespan
3. Its illegal to import these fish from US to Canada

I wouldn't want the whole shipment blocked because of this.
If you are interested in some other fish, let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The glo fish are genetically modified. Don't include them in this shipment. Glo fish are already in Canada, you can buy them here, if you can find them.

Steve

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The glo fish are genetically modified. Don't include them in this shipment. Glo fish are already in Canada, you can buy them here, if you can find them.

Steve
I have seen them in LFS once before, but I've also read the article related to Canadian Government placing a ban on selling these fish. All fish stores face a $300,000 fine and 6 months in prison for selling them, so you cant really find them anymore.

Apparently they inject some coral pigment stuff into the eggs and thats what gives them the bright colors.

Anyways, lets not talk about this more in this thread. I would like it to keep it in topic. You are welcome to PM him and discuss further.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The order will be placed at 9PM tonight.

Anyone after 9PM will be too late.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
the next time you want to do an order id be in.
i just hope they have what I want in stock.
i wanted to grab 3 of those peacock bass.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the next time you want to do an order id be in.
i just hope they have what I want in stock.
i wanted to grab 3 of those peacock bass.
np Ben.

Maybe next time I might be getting some Peacock Bass too...who knows :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
np Ben.

Maybe next time I might be getting some Peacock Bass too...who knows :rolleyes::D
you can never go wrong with Peacock Bass. the species that LiveFishDirect carries are actually one of the more"rare" species to find according to some MFK users. I cant wait for my 3 Temensis Bass to become monsters.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not accepting any more people now. I will be placing the order in the next few mins.

For the people who joined in, I will be contacting all of you in PM and phone.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts