British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks:
Anyone want to try and guess what this discus is? It's the most bizarre color; hard to describe. Not red, not brown or rust...the lighter marks are a pink/mauve. Very beautiful fish (in my own opinion ;)), tough as nails - has established itself as the boss of my domestic tank, even over the pigeonblood :eek:, eats like a pig and has absolutely no problems at all with chomping my fingers whenever I'm not quite quick enough to drop the food into the tank. I'm thinking snakeskin, but color? No clue. I love my weekend impulse fish buys ......
What do you think?

It was really good to see you again, Tai! Nice talking with you and hearing about your plans. Very exciting!!

Shelley

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got it at Fantasy Aquatics? I think I saw that fish when I was there last weekend. There were some nice ones there.
I did! Hey Gary, remember me telling you I had decided to only keep blue domestic discus......does this fish look blue to you :rolleyes:;) So much for "only looking"........... :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
WOW,he so beautiful in your tank.
my supplier call him fine line SS,as you can see he has a lot of fine vertical line.
thank you for visited my store last Sunday.
Tai
604-568-9917

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
its a snakeskin that didnt quite get there with the finelines..or snake pattern. not all get their markings..
it most likely was a throwback from a penang or lss.
it may get more..maybe not.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW,he so beautiful in your tank.
my supplier call him fine line SS,as you can see he has a lot of fine vertical line.
thank you for visited my store last Sunday.
Tai
604-568-9917
Now that he's become boss of the tank, he's dropped the lines almost completely. I think he's awesome :)

I would assume its something like a wild throwback? (if that is the right term)
I was thinking the absolute opposite. This seems to me to be a highly "engineered", or designed fish. Nothing of this fish resembles anything on my wilds.

I think it is very cool, I like it a lot!
Thanks :) Me too :D But unfortunately I have a young blue diamond in the same tank that doesn't feel the way you and I do :(

Some people just have no self control :D
Yeah, I don't think I should even touch this one! You know I drag you with me to the fish stores because I can't go without adult supervision and I STILL end up buying fish. You're a bad influence :p

did fantasy have anymore of these????
thanks =D
I have to apologize - I get this really bad "tunnel vision" when I see a fish I want. There could have been sharks in that tank as far as I remember, I just saw this guy!! I do think there may have been a couple of smaller ones in the tank below, but can't say for sure. Call Tai - he'll be happy to hook you up :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts