British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some blue dream shrimps at the fish auction. With one 15g tank, I can't keep Red Rili and Blue dream together.

Here is my simple Tank divider setup to allow me to keep two types of shrimps with only 1 tank.

Total cost $3 for me, maybe $0 for you if you already have a glass jar.

In theory I can put a small sponge filter inside the glass jar. I decided not to do it for now. I just put more moss in the jar to keep the water quality good.

tankdivider2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
So the jar has zero circulation right now? I'd put in a sponge filter for circulation if not for bio-filtration. Good idea about the jar though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the jar has zero circulation right now? I'd put in a sponge filter for circulation if not for bio-filtration. Good idea about the jar though.
No circulation. The shrimps seems to be happy. I only have 3 Red rili in there. 1 berried female and 2 males. I will change some water every few days.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
If it has no circulation why do you even need it in the tank? For the heat? Why not just keep them in a jar?
I've found that cherry shrimp do fine at room temperature, so unless the room is cold there probably is no other reason to put it in the tank. Maybe rili are different?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Could be a possible space issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts