British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some of the 'Ocean Nutrition Atison's Betta Pro Food' given to me (thanks Stu) & it was the best food that I've ever fed my Bettas. Do any local fish stores sell it or am I going to have to order it online? Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
its not allowed in canada anymore. for now no ocean nutrrition is allowed till permits are in place and the plant in china is inspected. it has bovine ingredients andmade in china . so out. even when i could get ocean nutrition..i couldnt get the attisons. it was on the wholesalers list but discontinued.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not allowed in canada anymore. for now no ocean nutrrition is allowed till permits are in place and the plant in china is inspected. it has bovine ingredients andmade in china . so out. even when i could get ocean nutrition..i couldnt get the attisons. it was on the wholesalers list but discontinued.
Thank you for the information. That's a shame that it's no longer allowed. The pellets are a smaller size which is great for younger fish & my Bettas were all crazy for it.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I have
Lots I found a source
For now. When it's gone it's gone unless they get ocean nutrition back into the country

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ocean Nutrition stopped producing Atison's line when they were bought out by SFBay.

I find the Premium Growth Pellets from Kensfish to be very good...esp. for conditioning and getting the fish to grow the last little bit to reach mature size. I really like BettaPro for the juvies until they are big enough to eat the grown pellets.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You wouldn't want your betta to get Mad Bovine Disease, would you? :eek:
lol, I'm not sure if you are joking or not. I assume you are...??? Too early for me to tell ;p

When I read bovine ingredients I just assume it's got beef heart or something in there.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
It
S
Also because it's from china and they need to inspect their premises for the new permit application. Bovine is a concern due to mad cow but not sure your fish will get it lol

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Sorry, Atom. Yes, I was joking.

I assume (but don't know for sure) that the regulations against importing pet food with bovine ingredients is not so much that your fish might get Mad Cow Disease, but that your fish (or cat or hen) might end up being part of the food chain after eating the uncertified food.

Personally, I think we should just stop feeding meat to cattle, which are meant to be vegetarians.

lol, I'm not sure if you are joking or not. I assume you are...??? Too early for me to tell ;p

When I read bovine ingredients I just assume it's got beef heart or something in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts