British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Would you want Marimo Moss Balls if I purchased them?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're interested...

My friend has a bunch, I could buy them as a lot and piece them out by the 3's for $15.

They're medium sized, not small or giant ones. If people are as interested as they were the last time I'll definetly buy them again in a bigger number.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Chris,

After I bought 6 from you last time a bunch of people who have come over since want them.

If they are as nice and big as the ones you sold me last month, then put me down for 9 definitely.

PM email or call me when you get them, we can meet up at the same place.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could see an SAE doing that, but they're small.

That's funny either way (not your monetary loss, just the situation) it was like when I bought a bunch of small amano shrimp, and they decided it would be an easier life if they just lived in the filter.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would have gotten some if I didn't just order some online 4 days ago!
Watch out for customs if it's international. They might seize your shipment. They're illegal to import without fees and phyto-sanitation certificates. (Best of luck!)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Are there any special requirements for these balls? I read that they can become invasive in aquariums.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In what manner do you mean invasive?

To answer this as best I can, they are slow growing, they suck up particulates like a filter, and they're extremely easy to care for: just give them a roll every so often so they doesn't brown on the underside where they can't get light.

The only thing you need to worry about would be Excel Overdosing, as these really aren't Moss Balls so to speak, there layers and layers of several years worth of algael accumilance. With that said, I couldn't kill them when I was testing this concern in my 29 gallon.

If you have one, you'll know what I'm talking about. I've got 5 in my 10g shrimp tank (Shrimp love eating off them), and I torn up one into three pieces for my small betta tank.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I read that it was hard to remove from a tank, but I don't know what they were doing with them. They said it got caught in their other plants so maybe they pulled them apart.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts