British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering because I came across this calculator that ask's you to provide the temperature in & outside of your tank. So Does Warm Water weigh more then Cold Water??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Uhm, I think warm water would be lighter than cold. Cold water is more dense is it not?

Maybe I am making this up lol. Makes sense in my head.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but here is what throws me off. When water is warm it has less oxygen but when water is cold it has more oxygen??

·
Registered
636 Posts
but here is what throws me off. When water is warm it has less oxygen but when water is cold it has more oxygen??
I don't think that would even make a measurable difference i.e. the weight of air :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am wondering because I came across this calculator that ask's you to provide the temperature in & outside of your tank. So Does Warm Water weigh more then Cold Water??
Out of curiosity, what is the calculator calculating?
Depending on that we can probably tell you why its asking.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I love useless information, unfortunately most of my knowledge is useless... lol

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hello. obviously from the wiki, cold is heavier. but it must be unnoticeable. i just got off a 4 hr shift where i packed 26 5g buckets to the back and some were cold and some were warm i did not notice any difference. i guess if you had a 200g or more, then you might see a small difference. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Wow, good links John, maybe they should label you Mr know it all too!
lol Grant...I was Mr Know it all before becoming a mod :p :bigsmile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts