British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You just let him there?
Sigh.. should of bought him! At least take him home.. if anyone ask, just let them know you thought he wuz a fish =) good excuse!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
you shouldn't buy you should adopt. I just adopted a cute lab x border collie pup from the pound. We get to bring him home on Saturday morning...

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Unfortunately, puppies grow into dogs & don't stay so adorably small & cute unless you get one of the "toy" varieties. They also often are accompanied by very expensive trips to the vet that will make the cost of your fish addiction seem like a drop in the bucket.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unfortunately, puppies grow into dogs & don't stay so adorably small & cute unless you get one of the "toy" varieties. They also often are accompanied by very expensive trips to the vet that will make the cost of your fish addiction seem like a drop in the bucket.
agreed. all babies are cute, but not so much when they're full grown.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
WOW! Who, who told you they aren't cute when they grow up? I'm seriously opposing what you guys say! As I luv every single one of my boys, they are still as cute as before! And who ever told you a husky ain't cute when he grows up? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
120 pounds of full grown GORGEOUS!!!!!!

And in 8 years hasn't so much as even chomped a shoe! Oh, and she was a rescue from SPCA :)

Sorry, Alym, for hijacking :eek: Trust me on this - if you do scoop up that pup, make sure your second purchase is PET INSURANCE!! If you want to hear a few Ember horror stories involving HUGE amounts of $$ that you couldn't even imagine (want to know how much it costs to have blood shipped from a donor dog in Bellingham on a private plane, or a 10 day stay in an ICU?!!!), we can talk ;) Cute little pup, by the way :)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
if its a labadoodle or goldendoodle..dont even think of it. get a retriever..or a poodle. that hair is gonna mat and need lots of grooming..more than a retriever or poodle..and..rotten ears..most shops charge about 125.00 for grooming labradoodles. every couple months.
if you want a dog..go here..penny foundation. they bring up dogs from california on a private plane for adoption. also puppies. down there..they euthanize thousands and thousands every day. so they are bringing some up and finding homes for them after they have them all checked out..shots etc, and socialized. very nice ladies. i groom some of the ones they get in for adoption..and theyve had some nice ones.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if its a labadoodle or goldendoodle..dont even think of it. get a retriever..or a poodle. that hair is gonna mat and need lots of grooming..more than a retriever or poodle..and..rotten ears..most shops charge about 125.00 for grooming labradoodles. every couple months.
if you want a dog..go here..penny foundation. they bring up dogs from california on a private plane for adoption. also puppies. down there..they euthanize thousands and thousands every day. so they are bringing some up and finding homes for them after they have them all checked out..shots etc, and socialized. very nice ladies. i groom some of the ones they get in for adoption..and theyve had some nice ones.
I hadn't heard this about this breed. We wanted to get something hypo allergenic and that sheds less than a golden retriever; this seemed like a good mix of the two. What do you mean by rotten ears? First time I'm hearing the term.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That is a good deed and all, but why support finding homes for dogs from another country when there are sooo many here already that are desparate for homes?

Great info about the labradoodles, I didn't know that they had grooming and ear issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts