British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blind old Doug from North Surrey has died. A friend of his, Bill, was kind enough to call me to let me know. Likely a number of you have met him. He sold mainly africans for cheap out of his rented basement suite. The first time I was on my way to his place, I called to make sure he was there. He asked if I could pick him up a pack of cigarettes on my way. Hilarious. I thought I'd pass the word along.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Rip Doug. Enjoyed my visits with him. Always fondly recalling him telling me to scoop my own fish out since I would have a better chance of getting the right fish. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Oh Noodles. Ok, now I remember him. RIP Noodles.

Back in the day (and even nowadays) I rarely knew or remembered real names. Usually knew people by their screen names. My bad.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I met & visited with Doug at his basement apartment approx. 6 or 7 years ago, and was very impressed with what he was accomplishing with this hobby, given his lack of almost total sight at the time. RIP Noodles.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I've never met Doug, but I was trying to remember where I came across his name. Thanks to another post, I recollect reading one of his articles. RIP, Doug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts