British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Pure endlers.... the only place I have heard of that carries them is Swamp River Aquatics, a breeder in the U.S. The guy, AdrianHD has developed some pretty cool strains of pure endlers.

They are pretty frickin hardy, I have had mine for forever. They did quite fine in soft water although now I have crushed coral in their filter to simulate natural conditions. I keep mine at 74.

Cool fish... the F1 guppy hybrids look quite neat, mutts or not. I should probably start fooling around and breeding some interesting gupplers come to think of it.

· Registered
497 Posts
F1 is first generation. So an F1 hybrid would be a fish whose parents were a pure guppy and a pure endler. And F2 would be the offspring of 2 F1 generation fish. Its mendelian genetics, you could probably get a good diagram if you looked it up on wikipedia.

I think there is a way to tell if you have a pure endler (something like they only have one black unbroken bar on each side) but I don't think its surefire. The only other way is through parentage, a pure endler will descend form a line of pure endlers caught from the wild. This is what this guy Adrian does. Goes on expeditions to the bay in venezuela that endlers are native to and collects wild endlers, then take them back for use as broodstock. He then sells them on aquabid.

Here's his page: http://www.swampriveraquatics.com/

And here is another good page on him and another wild endler breeder named Armando Pou. Very interesting stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.