British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be kinda fun. Tell us why and what your name is!

My name - AWW- Used to be AW, for my name Alex Wolrich. After the site crash and the new one came around, there was a three letter minimum on the name so i added a W :)

Alex

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
WOW! Good start on thread! I always wanted to know!

Name followed me at least for the last 15 years....
Was signing for my first Hotmail on dialup... my sisters at that time that wuz older than me wanted to use "ICQ" to talk to her boyfriend at that time... but I wanted to sign up my very first email! So they rushed through the signing up screen.. when asked what name you want.. I wanted "newbie" (new to the internet)... wouldn't work.. wanted "newbie302"... nope... but the suggestion box said "eternity302"... sister was getting frustrated and click click click.... FML.... from then on... I wuz more like wutever.. i'll just keep it and didn't wanna remember multiple things! Just live with it! =) there you go~ btw... 302 is my bday...~

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Eternity302 - Happy belated bday.

I always call those canuck 3rd or 4th liners (players such as strudwick, ruutu, cookes ... I don't remember anymore since they're not any good) "jobbers" for they merely are seeking a job on the team and go from team to team.

Yes, I have a very sarcastic undertone to my humour.

604 is for vancouver's area code: hence jobber604.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
No comment...... on my name.... (even though I don't really keep CRS anymore).

Stuart

·
Registered
496 Posts
I used to be 'mentallica_girl' for everything... until I needed an e-mail address to put on university / job applications. And realized I was no longer a 14 year old Metallica fan. So now my username for everything is just my first name followed by 528 (my birthday).

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Real name is Loukas.Everyone i know (friends/work etc) call me Luke so i go by that. '78 just happens to be the year i was born.Combined the two and there you have it ! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I consider my frontosa fry rather big compared to most freshwater fry in a home aquarium; hence bigfry.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had the same screen name forever. halonine is a nine inch nails reference. All of their albums have a 'halo' number. Nine happens to be the Closer single, which I've always liked. Hence the name, halonine. :)

Tyson.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was enthralled my the myth of the phoenix. It is the one universal myth, culture after culture. Everywhere on the planet people saw a bird fly "through" the sun and wrote a story about a burning bird. The Benu bird is the first of the stories recorded in Egypt. Needed 5 letters so Ibenu was what I went with..

and it worked with the whole ' I--Be--New" to the internet LOL.

It is not the uniqueness rather the togetherness of the story that I love--I wish there were more things that made us all feel like we have things in common as a world..

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
be prepared for geekiness!
I started IRC when i was 14 (12 years ago), and i used the name 'outcast' because i was always an odd ball. I eventually quit irc back in 2007 since people on there never grow up and i was gettin tired of the same drama. I put more time into world of warcraft in which i was playing since its beta stage. I got my wife to play with the excuse its not much different than sims since you can dress up and have cute pets (yes it worked). So when the burning crusade released, we made new characters. I used the name Nevyn, then through server transfers, i ahd to change it slightly, nevan, then neven.

Nevyn is a character in a fantasy book series, an old dude who the series originally centered around, name meant no one :p

·
Registered
278 Posts
Haha, I still use irc, been about 14 years for me now :D

A friend of mine setup his own server, so all our friends just hang out there. Waaaay better than an IM client :)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Rastapus for those that don't know is the name of our "mascot" in our logo. It is on his hat but hard to read at that size.:D

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think I have a touch of OCD and I love fishies lol. Well at this point it is fishies I am sure it will change soon.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I guess my name is one of the few that has a wiki on it :)
Smilodon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I got my name from Smilodon (changed to Smiladon). I was watching this documentary on Discovery Channel a few years ago and I was facinated by the new sub-species of the saber-tooth tigers named Smilodon.

For some weird reason, I used this name to create an account online for some game...I've been using this name since then. :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
I got my name because I am a lacrosse goalie for both field and box lacrosse and I usually wear the number 00 and since bowman is my last name I just put them together and............WAAAALAAA

·
Registered
202 Posts
My buddies always blamed me(Travis) to their girlfriends for being out late or what have you. Since that episode of the Simpsons aired with "t-bore" that Homer blamed everything on at work everyone started calling me t-bore and out for drinks we went!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts