British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite pics of 3 R's - royal ruby reds - bought from April a few years ago -
Just youngsters, but looking pretty good, don't you think ?

Here's some more kids supplied by April - Red Snake Skins that grew up into big boys & girls !

Hope you like them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Beauties, for sure!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow you are doing pretty good in keeping them. You got really good looking discus

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you run co2? I would like to have plants in my discus tank!
I use CO2 but not in discus tanks. I prefer to keep things very simple in a discus tank, so as not to take any uneccessary risks, like rapid pH swings which could occur. Just me being extra careful. I do know a number of discus-keepers do run CO2 in their discus tanks without problems, but they monitor it very well.

But I don't have a problem with low-tech planted discus set-ups - I just use root tabs and liquid or dry ferts, and maintain reasonable lighting for no more than 8 hours/day to avoid algae build-up.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
P.S.
And Rick, my daughter still has a few of the discus that you sold to me about a year & a half or so ago, including the last ghost I got from you, which is about 8" now - largest & gentlest discus I've seen for many years !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts