British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you folks, I just noticed that my Fahaka has only one gill moving. I wonder what happend to the other side. She seems to be very happy & healthy and eating everyday of course & growing. Could it be just a deformed Puffer or something else?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i could..but she has since started using both gills again..its weird dude.
if she does it again ill record it.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am looking at her from where im typing she seems to be just fine now. I have had her since a little pebble , i guess ive just never noticed her doing this. I think she just gets lazy to be honest, she has a palace all to herself.lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
My saba puffer only uses one side sometimes also and I have heard of other fahakas doing that as well. I freaked when I noticed it at first and tried everything to resolve the issue .... now I don't even look because I don't want to know.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i had an oscar that used to do that... I looked everywhere trying to find out about it and it was normal....I cant remember where i read this as it was a while ago but the oscar was fine.. just did it time to time

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have noticed this in many of my fish, using one side then the other, then at other times both. I was freaked out a first but after seeing many fish display the same type of behaviour and never having an issue with those fish, i think it's quite normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts