British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out what to get my husband for Father's Day (from the kids). Last year I bought him a nice portable BBQ & we've used it lots. I'm thinking of getting him either a GPS or a Shop Vac this year ...unless I can come up with something better in the next few days.

Just wondering what kinds of gifts you other dads might like to receive? Besides fish stuff :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
how about an ipad? that's what i like. lol.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how about an ipad? that's what i like. lol.
I think that everybody would like an iPad :) unfortunately my budget won't allow for one.

·
Registered
614 Posts
In my family we really can't buy anyone anything, because we all have what we want. Therefore for the adult's bdays, christmas mother's and father's days we usually make a donation in honour of the recipient. IE the most common is to go to worldvision.ca and buy a gift card or actually buy the gift. Since we all do it the giver keeps the tax receipt. It works out to be a far better gift than something he won't use. Yes we do sponsor a child through them as well.

Steve

·
Registered
341 Posts
In my family we really can't buy anyone anything, because we all have what we want. Therefore for the adult's bdays, christmas mother's and father's days we usually make a donation in honour of the recipient. IE the most common is to go to worldvision.ca and buy a gift card or actually buy the gift. Since we all do it the giver keeps the tax receipt. It works out to be a far better gift than something he won't use. Yes we do sponsor a child through them as well.

Steve
I was going to say something very similar, but if that isn't what you guys like to do, one of the best gifts I ever got was to a cooking class and i loved it, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Of course your husband would have to have some sort of interest in cooking to like this, but again, I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I got my dad an early father's day present this year... I got him one of those extendible pruner dealies. He's really hard to buy for, but he does love pruning his trees. 'Spose your man has to do a lot of pruning to get him something like that though ;)

Both the shop vac and the GPS are great ideas though I think. My bro had a GPS (got stolen :() But he was always playing with it and showing it off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My vote is for the GPS, but I'm a little biased, I own two of them and am looking to buy a third. In terms of cool and neat the GPS beats the shop vac hands down IMO. My wife even says that the GPS was the best electronics purchase I had ever made even beating out the home theater system and big screen TV. It's a great tool for travelling and takes away the stress from getting lost or having to ask us men to "go ask for directions."lol

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My vote is for the GPS, but I'm a little biased, I own two of them and am looking to buy a third. In terms of cool and neat the GPS beats the shop vac hands down IMO. My wife even says that the GPS was the best electronics purchase I had ever made even beating out the home theater system and big screen TV. It's a great tool for travelling and takes away the stress from getting lost or having to ask us men to "go ask for directions."lol
I bought him a GPS today. It was on sale & has built in BlueTooth for his cell phone. I think that he'll be happy with it ... now I'm thinking that I need one too :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I bought him a GPS today. It was on sale & has built in BlueTooth for his cell phone. I think that he'll be happy with it ... now I'm thinking that I need one too :)
GPS is good, what brand did you buy? So much cheaper now than when I bought my first one 3 years ago. Maps could use updating, but probably better just to buy a new one.

You probably do need one, when is Mother's Day? :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
There you go Pamela, I think that you'll both love it and yes indeed, you'll want your own. Also you and/or hubby may want to check out Poi Factory and gpspassion on the web. Both sites are great to help you get the most enjoyment from your device such as having numerous POI(points of interest) files that can be uploaded to one's device. Enjoy!!:)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
He will love the GPS, I thought I'd never need or want one, but got one in a promo deal, and its Great, it has saved so much time and fuel, And being a man it's not in us to stop and ask for directions when we have no idea where we are going,,,,,

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GPS is good, what brand did you buy? So much cheaper now than when I bought my first one 3 years ago. Maps could use updating, but probably better just to buy a new one.

You probably do need one, when is Mother's Day? :D
I bought the Magellan Roadmate 3055. It was on sale for $200 down from $240. You're right about them going way down in price. When my hubby first asked for a GPS for X-Mas about 3 years ago it was around $500 for a decent one so I refused to buy him one.

Mother's Day isn't for another 11 months, so I'll be waiting awhile ;)

I definitely know about that 'directions thing' that guys have. Many a time we've been lost somewhere driving around aimlessly & I've had to beg him to pull into a gas station for directions.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just noticed you said from the kids so I had to edit waht I was going to say :;

1 - 15 of 15 Posts