British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys have favourite fish stores to go to in the lower mainland? Just curious if there's any fun places i should go to check out.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Definitely go to Fish Addicts in Langley. Also, Pet Superstore (Is that the right name?) is just across from Willowbrook mall.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Roger's aquatics and Paul's aquarium are also good. Otherwise, aquarium's west, April's, and kinged are good choices as well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
I live in Burnaby so I generally go to King Ed's, J&L (sw) & April's (goldfish, tropicals & some shrimp). Have had excellent dealings with all these LFS. King Ed's is 5 minutes away & I like dealing with Ron, Kathie & especially Robert in the sw fish room. J&L has the biggest selection of sw livestock & stuff in Metro Vancouver. April's store is just a few minutes away from my church and she's always a pleasure to deal with & quick to answer questions when I text or call her.

For my brackish water fish, I like the fact that Fish Addicts in Langley has a permanent brackish tank setup. This is really good for me since they keep archers, monos, scats & puffers in stock and already eating pellets/flakes/frozen foods. These are just not very good sellers and most other LFS cannot justify devoting invaluable tank space to keeping a few brackish fish that may sit around for months before someone like me walks through their doors.

However, I also buy/sell/trade with a lot of members on this site & canreef, as well as the occasional Craigslist deal.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
My store is devoted
More to planted tank fish etc.
Lots
Of
Micro fish , Tropica plants , fancy bettas, fancy goldfish, discus at times and lots
Of schooling fish, Rams, etc.
Small store so small
Fish. No Africans and no
Monster fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
My store is devoted
More to planted tank fish etc.
Lots
Of
Micro fish , Tropica plants , fancy bettas, fancy goldfish, discus at times and lots
Of schooling fish, Rams, etc.
Small store so small
Fish. No Africans and no
Monster fish.
April probably has the best selection of microfish in the area, along with usually a good selection of high quality fancy goldfish.

·
Registered
572 Posts
April probably has the best selection of microfish in the area, along with usually a good selection of high quality fancy goldfish.
I pretty much stalk the fish store websites and whatnot, and agree that April always has the best selection of microfish. She always brings in tons of things that you hardly ever see at other places. Of course if you're not there shortly after they arrive, they are gone... so if you see new shipments you should arrive early and have your wallets prepared haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow thanks everyone! i have a bunch of fish stores to add to my visiting list now! I'm definitely going to have to stop by April's sometime, it sounds amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts