British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be the best place to find this out.
So here goes ....is there any market for cichlid feeders? Say red empress fry ? Is there a reason most people use goldfish ? I have a tank of male and females and they breed like crazy.I have just recently started to strip the fry from the females and found them quite fun to watch and raise . I Am at the point now that I gotta decide to try this or just get rid of the whole group of 12 plus.( 6 ish females 4 confirmed males ) They are not top notch royal reds ( according to Tom ;) ) but they are pretty nice looking adults .But who cares ...the fry would be for feeders. Any market for them as far as feeders go or am I best to flog the whole group of them and skip the feeder idea ?.
Any suggestions or such appreciated.Also what size would they have to be ! inch ?
:eek:...oh I can almost see this coming...NO! the adults are not the feeders :D
thanks guys. enjoy the weekend !

·
Registered
463 Posts
I feed them to my snakehead's, I have a 160 Mbuna tank, and the fry are produced by the hundred's, leave the fish to breed, some get eaten by the venustus or the ahil, the rest grow until they hit feeder size,from time to time someone will buy some or i'll give some away for people's tank's, but they breed far to fast And i have hungry mouths to feed in the pred tank's so only makes sence to use one problem to solve another!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts