British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a tiny King Tiger Pleco from Patrick =) But I'm worried about feeding it. I put it in my 46g Community tank, and I haven't seen it eat, so I'm worried it's not getting enough food. It will come to the front during feeding time and sniff around (feeding colorbits/ Hikari micropellets) and I drop blood worms or Hikari sinking wafers in at night, but im not sure if it's getting any, or if the kuhli loaches and cories get to it first...or if it's even interested in eating it. What/when/how should I feed it..?

·
Registered
646 Posts
it probably needs time to settle in, most fish don't eat right away after being introduced into a new environment. also, most likely it eats when the lights are out.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
They'll eat. As the others have said. Do it after lights out. Giving it plenty of hiding spaces will make it more comfortable (sometimes). I got 3 from Patrick and rarely see even one in my planted 15 gallon. Going to have to move them to a different tank that's not planted. :D Also try some yams. Even though they are carnivorous, they do appreciate some veggies. Just make sure that you check in the morning that the food is all eaten and clean up the leftovers.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I feed zuchinni to my BNPs. I rarely see them eat in the day, but at night, they eat a lot...as I can see a good % missing in the next morning. I usually see them nibbling on the zuchinni before I turn on the lights.

I am assuming the King Tiger would have similar behaviour.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know they eat HBH algae wafers. Also, have you made it a carin or added wood or any other kind of shelter? If so and it uses it, put an algae wafer 10 cm in from of it and the pleco will come out in about 3-5 minutes to snack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts