British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for...
***** canister filter for 75 (soon to be planted discus:p)
various fertilizers(I'm new at this even if you could recomend what to get and where to get it)
need a 48" light for a 75gallon planted I think it needs to be 150w at least
co2 system

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If the black sand is for the discus tank, I would rethink it. Unless you get all albinos, any with pigeon blood in them will show lots of peppering against the black. And take a trip to Aprils, she gets some nice discus in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you think of white sand i have some already i never thought of the black sand doing that thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
White sand is awesome. that's what I have in my planted discus. It makes their colour pop. Looks really good IMO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i kinda wanna go with young discuss so they'll grow and itll be a big surprise what they turn out to be but there are a few different guys id prefer to get my hands on

·
Registered
126 Posts
cannister filter

I have a fluval 404 cannister filter that you could have for 80.00. Very clean.

call me at 604 761-6761

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey that might work ill see what i can do because i work all weekend and school th rest of the week

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
i kinda wanna go with young discuss so they'll grow and itll be a big surprise what they turn out to be but there are a few different guys id prefer to get my hands on
That's what I did. Its lots of fun to see what they turn into.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, just curious if I would have any troubles with silica sand plants and discus like, do you think I should have more than one substrate?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I am just getting started with plants myself, but I just have them planted into the sand. No other substrate. I am dosing with metricide and will be getting EI dosing going soon. From what I have been told that will be enough

1 - 20 of 26 Posts