British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Giant HM Betta (he's not huge, but bigger than a regular Betta & still growing). He's red, blue, & has a little whitish edging around tail fin. He's been living in a 10 gallon with 3 Glow Tetras (I think that's what they are) & an orange Platy. He seems to enjoy having the company of other fish, but he will eat very small fish. He got his tail split by a catfish a couple of weeks ago & it hasn't healed yet.

If interested please pm me and tell me about the tank that the Betta & his buddies would go into. I will pick the home that I think is best for him - not necessarily the 1st person who messages me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what a surprising coincidence! my very first fish were a betta-platy-catfish combination. My poor betta, Butter, kept being nipped by the platy, Peanut, even though the two had been best buddies in the previous owner's home. I enjoyed them immensely when they were with me, and I still get misty-eyed thinking about all the things I didn't know about them before... That was years ago, and all three amigos have gone to join the Heaven branch of my pet family.:eek:

If you like, they could come live in my 72g with a very docile pleco, my school of 10 blue emperor tetras (the Kerri ones, smaller than Palmeri ones) and a little playful school of bronze corydoras who mostly stay at the bottom. I'm sure the little tetras will be happy to have more of the kind with them. The only thing I'm unsure of is how well a betta would do in a 72g community...?

I wish you all the best in re-homing the cuties :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bunch of people are interested in the Betta & his buddies so I'm in the process of going through all of the pm's that I received & I will respond to all later today. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts