British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have about 3-4 zip lock portions of narrow leaf java fern from my aquarium. a few rizhomes with 10+ leaves

Super easy to grow plant. algae and snail free. One portion per person please

Only requirements are

1) pick up from my place or at lougheed mall
2) 20+ posts on bcaquarium
3) bring your own zip lock bag and one extra one for me :)

quick snapshot of my current aquarium rebuilding my aquascape.

thanks in advance

Ray
RWP_8797 by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
What yellowish plant is in the back there Ray?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What yellowish plant is in the back there Ray?
oh it's hygro kompacta,

I just trimmed it, turns a nice brownish red colour

how's the tanks going lawson?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh anyone interest please pm me your phone and name. Also if anyone has any pure bred endlers please let me know. Darn rainbow fish ate then all, got rid of them looking to re populate my army of endlers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just started here but have been an aquarist for 40 years and administer another site called American Ponders. Does that count? I have been looking for narrow leaf Java fern. can I get in on this deal? I can meet at Lougheed mall mornings this week.
If you are interested, I can trade a portion of Red Stemmed Parrot Feather (myriophyllum brasiliensis) "actual plant", I can include additional stems.
myriophyllum brasiliensis.jpg

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just started here but have been an aquarist for 40 years and administer another site called American Ponders. Does that count? I have been looking for narrow leaf Java fern. can I get in on this deal? I can meet at Lougheed mall mornings this week.
If you are interested, I can trade a portion of Red Stemmed Parrot Feather (myriophyllum brasiliensis) "actual plant", I can include additional stems.
View attachment 108369

Cheers,
Sean
sure why not,

send me your number?

thanks for the offer but I'm good for plants for now
Ray

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thank you so much Ray!
I just placed all the plant trimmings I got from you in the tank, I will organize them tomorrow. For now they are just sitting where they dropped. You have helped me double my aquatic plant selection and for far less than I could have acquired these elsewhere.

Thank you again for your generosity.

Cheers,
Sean

new plants.jpg

Reactions: Reckon

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey Ray,

Could I get the names of the plants you shared with me.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If it's the same compacta as what I got from April I'm pretty sure it's the right plant. You just grow yours crazy fast and colorful ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it's the same compacta as what I got from April I'm pretty sure it's the right plant. You just grow yours crazy fast and colorful ;)
I don't know lawson, I posted a photo on another forum and some botanist gaurentees me it's not kompacta, the funny thing is I had kompacta before (10 years ago) and it wasn't as branchy, I'm sure there are variants of it. But I trust you more =p

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Lol. You give me too much credit. Well, whatever variation, it is still makes a great bush and still stays relatively compact.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts