British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics haven't put any of these guys up for a long time, have had them for around 4 years now and if kept in proper conditions they can live up to 18 years.
As you can see mine are quite healthy, maybe a little chunky but definitely healthy lol. I only feed them every other day sometimes skip a couple. They eat freeze dried shrimp, frozen krill, clams,snails, and bloodworms.

This one is a pic of one under the water fall of the AC500

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That's one chubby puffer :D. can't wait to see clear pics of him/her :).

·
Registered
505 Posts
How many snails do you feed at once? And how do you feed him clams? Do you just put the whole clam in there? Or break it in half?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I open the clam up first, always freeze before feeding too. I give them a couple of snails once in awhile, F8's are not known to have problems with overgrown beaks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u keep them in freshwater or brickish?
Brackish of course. Figure 8's can live in fresh but for a very short time. In brackish they can live up to 18 years.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nice looking puffer! Do you find it difficult to keep a brackish water tank? Do you have to do the complex water chemistry testing that people do for saltwater tanks? Or is it quite similar to a freshwater tank, except that you add a bit of salt to the water?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts