British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics haven't put any of these guys up for a long time, have had them for around 4 years now and if kept in proper conditions they can live up to 18 years.
As you can see mine are quite healthy, maybe a little chunky but definitely healthy lol. I only feed them every other day sometimes skip a couple. They eat freeze dried shrimp, frozen krill, clams,snails, and bloodworms.

This one is a pic of one under the water fall of the AC500

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never been able to get clear pics of them. Best thing to do is to take a video, I will try to put one up soon.

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I open the clam up first, always freeze before feeding too. I give them a couple of snails once in awhile, F8's are not known to have problems with overgrown beaks.

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u keep them in freshwater or brickish?
Brackish of course. Figure 8's can live in fresh but for a very short time. In brackish they can live up to 18 years.

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Nice looking puffer! Do you find it difficult to keep a brackish water tank? Do you have to do the complex water chemistry testing that people do for saltwater tanks? Or is it quite similar to a freshwater tank, except that you add a bit of salt to the water?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.