British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Top Fin 100 Watt heater that came included in a 20 gallon tank starter kit. I’ve read poor reviews on it and I’m wondering if I should upgrade it to something better. I just have a betta, Cory catfish, clown pleco, and cherry shrimp. Any heater that anyone recommends? There’s so many choices that I don’t know what to go with.
Plant Botany Rectangle Organism Pet supply

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like eheim. Been using them for 20 years. Not sure how they are compared to all the recent brand of heater. Back in the days, they had the thickest glass and is thermal shock resistant compared to other brands at the time. i.e. if you forget to unplug the heater before water change, the chance of the glass tube shattering is less than other brand at the time.

One of the better priced heater and still made in Germany.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fluval, Every Eheim iv had in the last 5 years and blow up on me randomly. (Its seems there quality control has gone down hill)
Thank you! I couldn’t find Eheim in stock near me so I did go with Fluval! So far, I like how it’s much sleek looking and it seems to keep the temperature consistent. It cost more than most I noticed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts