British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is about the time to gear up. Another month or so, red spring salmon will start to show up. Then a couple more months, white spring, coho, then chum will invade the rivers.....

I did a couple of fish out last year on the vedder river. I might be doing the same this year depends on how much time I have. One thing, I don't usually on during the weekend as I am not a weekend warrior.

Gear you need:

waders, some food/drink, bait of your choice, 10'6 rod, reel of your choice (baitcaster, centerpin, or spinning), flash light (we go there early), gas money if you don't want to drive each and every time (most of us alternate drive), fishing license with salmon stamp (if you decide to take fish home), regulation, cellphone and camera....

Gear I use:
custom rainshadow RX8 xst1025F baitcasting 8'6 rod, shimano chronarch 100d5 lowprofile reel spool with 20lb braid with 10lb test leader, my choice of bait most of the time = my own made spinner lure fishing with a float on top.

·
Registered
358 Posts
There were a number of BCA members who seemed to be interested in sportsfishing from their pictures on the "What you really look like" thread in the Aqua lounge section

A thirty pound spring would need a big tank and a lot of herring.:D

tight lines

Hammer

·
Registered
341 Posts
Charles, One thing you forgot to mention what people need, and that is this, lots of patients! Took me way to long to slay my first Coho, but it was worth it. I hope we can fish together this year Charles.

Gear I use: matches, a stick of dynamite and a fast get away car! ;)

Curtis

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curtis: remind me where you fish and I will stay away from that area... dynamite and me don't mix well :)

yes, we should all have a BCA fish out day... it would be fun... Just don't show me how you can force a fish to bite and you are ok with me :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd love to do some salmon fishing this summer!

I used to fish non-stop as a kid in New Brunswick, I even have a guide license for freshwater (Trout, Atlantic Salmon). I've fished commercially in Atlantic Canada, and in Australia, and I've caught all sorts of things angling across Canada and the US, but I've been in BC for three years, and I still haven't been salmon fishing, or river/brook fishing at all for that matter! Pretty bad considering this is one of the best places for freshwater angling in the world. Can't say I know the first thing about BC's regulations, or how and where to catch west coast salmon, but I'd sure love to learn.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
maybe ill see you there soon Charles lol if might have seen you there before im the biggest fishoholic

·
Registered
126 Posts
We should organize a fishing derby....winner gets bragging rights...lol but you HAVE to be okay with losing to a girl...cuz i won't let you forget it...princess'...;)

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be up in the vedder next week if any wants to join me. Mostly to try my luck for early red spring but more importantly, looking for future spots for the upcoming salmon season...

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i can pay for gas Charles if you wanna pick me up i have tones of gear . i have no wheels for a couple months . LOL
i know the vedder pretty well im sure we can show different spots .

·
Registered
202 Posts
The other gear heads usually get jealous when the fly guys on the water thats why! Just Joking! Maybe! I can bring my other gear instead to make the playing field even!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts