·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
guess this belongs in saltwater :p

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow I am not to fond of the open bottom though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Anyone else jelous?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
it would certainly be nice to have that much to blow on fish, though if i spent 200grand id like to think i could get a hell of a lot more than a 700 gallon or whatever that was :) the location they had wasnt exactly optimal, having to stop traffic and crane the tank in and then pay someone to suspend it from the ceiling, yeesh.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
it would certainly be nice to have that much to blow on fish, though if i spent 200grand id like to think i could get a hell of a lot more than a 700 gallon or whatever that was :) the location they had wasnt exactly optimal, having to stop traffic and crane the tank in and then pay someone to suspend it from the ceiling, yeesh.
If there were in the Marine forum the salties would tell you it's pretty easy to blow $20k on a 210 gallon, so given the fact that the tank is architecturally difficult and that it's a 700 gallon with everything hidden, I don't think it's insanely expensive. Obviously someone with that kind of money didn't do a lot of DIY to cut costs, so that part is probably a bit inflated.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
That was a great read. Thanks!

Those prices are not unreasonable given the prices of the homes that they are going into. The comment about the owners not wanting to even feed the fish is pretty telling.....getting charged $150 every time a tech comes out to feed their fish every other day is just insane! People just make a lot of money in New York, period. My friend from my university days makes high six figures over there and his annual bonus is higher than that, most years. And he's only considered a mid level exec. crazy. If I was making that, I'd be blowing that kinda money on a tank too! LOL.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree it's a great read...Has anyone seen any videos of the the fish/tank they were talking about in the first paragraph or two. Something about changing colours to suit their moods...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If there were in the Marine forum the salties would tell you it's pretty easy to blow $20k on a 210 gallon, so given the fact that the tank is architecturally difficult and that it's a 700 gallon with everything hidden, I don't think it's insanely expensive. Obviously someone with that kind of money didn't do a lot of DIY to cut costs, so that part is probably a bit inflated.
i'm sure they got gouged pretty good considering they call in people to feed and take care of their fish instead of doing anything themselves. but hey if you got that kinda money why not spend it :) its a super nice tank and tbh i kinda like how its just suspended there with those river rocks underneath.

i didnt like the big long skinny tank with the rounded ends as much tho

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
word... if ur making several thousand an hour, it makes sense to pay someone else $50/hr to feed ur fish. Kinda like if Bill Gates sees $100 bill on the ground its not worth his time to bend over and pick it up... :p

even if i were loaded, i would feed my own fish though... thats one of the best parts :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Insane. $150 just to feed the fish ?!?!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I'm sure many of these people aren't actually uber rich. The fact that one of the mentioned aquariums is in a foreclosed house is one example. Easy credit can be a dangerous thing as the world has come the realize.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts