British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of Scentsy?

Its a company that sells candles - like partylite but instead of lighting a wick, they use bulbs, and the units plug into the wall. The wickless wax melts with the bulbs instead of flame.

Any thoughts on this product before I go out and spend some money unnecessarily?

·
Registered
126 Posts
...im going to expose my cheapness here, but im poor!!...lol

-i stick a dryer sheet over my water heater or on the back of fans
-sometimes I spray it with my fav air freshener or parfume and let the fan oscillate over the room
-put a drop of scented oil on a lightbulb...make sure the bulb is COLD!!
-dollar store is great for candles, tho they burn out fast!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'll admit I've put dryer sheets all around the house.. lol wherever I thought could use a little *boost* of freshness! You're not alone Tracey!

·
Registered
479 Posts
...im going to expose my cheapness here, but im poor!!...lol

-i stick a dryer sheet over my water heater or on the back of fans
-sometimes I spray it with my fav air freshener or parfume and let the fan oscillate over the room
-put a drop of scented oil on a lightbulb...make sure the bulb is COLD!!
-dollar store is great for candles, tho they burn out fast!
haha i would have to agree with you here:p
i do almost all those things. besides when my gf makes me buy some expensive candles thats like burning 20 dollar bills :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
i love candles, but i choke when airwick wants $7 for one and that costs more than two of my homemade steak dinners :(

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking about the plug ins too - im probably like the rest of you - i have no more plug-ins to spare - they are all used up with tank equipment, and cell phones and curling irons lol...although its probably "safer"...i dont have any more plugs lol..

okay, thx for your input. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
:)
I trip over cords and pull whatever they are attached to all over the place, but i have yet to leave a candle burning alone or knock it over.
that being said, i just imagined tripping/pulling
a cord and having hot melted wax fly all over!!! Ouch!! and usually the dye from those things stain pretty bad too.
My vote is totally for candles, OR

My favorite, vanilla jasmine dryer sheets on the fan, water heater, etc

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
i was thinking about the plug ins too - im probably like the rest of you - i have no more plug-ins to spare - they are all used up with tank equipment, and cell phones and curling irons lol...although its probably "safer"...i dont have any more plugs lol..

okay, thx for your input. :)
Plug In's have caused many fires in North America. Once i saw that report I stopped. Those airwick misters may also be a viable option.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yah Oil burners are great.. and the smell carries throughout the house instead of one room. Depending on what kind anyways... :p

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
G

I think your just a little crazy

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i use nature clean. Air freshener it's 99.9 % natural and it's non toxic and biodegradable. It's a little more than the rest but my health is more important..

·
Registered
773 Posts
I am with bonsai dave on this one, some of those plug in things are very toxic for you. I prefer beeswax candles they are very pricey but worth it. Or like Nicklfire mentioned the oil. Natural oils are a bit more costly but they will last you forever. And if you get the right kind non-toxic. Or if you do not want to burn them you could put a few drops on a piece of terracotta and stash it away.

·
Registered
916 Posts
the oil filled jars with the sticks in them work nice as well, and looks like the dryer sheets are a big hit to the members here ,,,LOL,, wonder if they would stay if I used them instead of underarm deorderant? Reusable and keeps you dry. And if your roomies gets your goat you could still reuse it in their load of wash :D....thats if ya had roomies that got your goat :D
bill

H

·
0 Posts
sea monkey thread gone !!!

outrageous ... who do i contact ... just kidding :) i have had 7 hours of sleep in five days and i am a little wired

1 - 20 of 23 Posts