British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It pains me to say this but after over 10 years in the hobby (almost half of my life) it's time for me to step away for a while to pursue other things. This means I must sell my 80 Gallon African Cichlid tank that has been running for almost a decade.

The tank is an 80 Gallon (48"x16"x24") African Cichlid set up including: Tank, hood, solid wood stand, DIY Fluorescent and LED lights, Rena XP L (Good for 275G tank), Eheim Jarger 300W, Fusion Quiet Power dual output 110 Gal air pup, under gravel filter under half the tank. Also comes with 10 gallon and 3 gallon tanks, both with all the pieces required to get up and running (used for hospital/grow out tanks, neither have lights). Back up heaters and filters for the big tank included, as well as a battery air pump and sponge filter for if the power goes out.

2 Bags of Purigen included to cycle them out each time I clean the filter. Prime, epsom salts, and baking soda to get the water to the correct hardness/pH for Africans. Polyester wool for filter media changes. 2 algae Scrubbers (1 magnetic) full freshwater test kit, and various bits and pieces. I have also made a small "Bucket" out of rubber foam underneath it to prevent damage from possible minor leaks, along with 2 leak detector alarms. I've had this tank for almost a decade through 3 moves and never once has it leaked, so it's pretty sturdy.

Ideally I would like to sell it all as one unit just to get it out the doorr. There is still space in it to include more fish if you want. It's mostly a peacock/hap tank but I was a fool when I was a younger and got a red zebra mbuna. So he is the boss but usually leaves most of the other fish alone - but you may want to sell him. There is easily $700+ worth of fish in there (5 of them cost $220 when I bought them young) was originally asking $1500 for everything, but need it gone so dropping the price to $800. If you're an enthusiast and are dedicated to the hobby I'd be willing to price down, so make me an offer. Might be willing to sell individual smaller pieces of equipment. If you're curious, messages me and I'll let you know if I have it. Please feel free to message me asking for additional pics or questions about the equipment as well. Really hoping the fish and tank can go to a good home. Pick up in Port Coquitlam. May also be able to deliver for a fee
Plant Wood Rectangle Grass Display case

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you don’t end up selling this all to one person, I’d be interested in any Haps you have, depending on what they are.

I just upgraded to a 125 from a 90 and I’m looking to add a few more Haps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal. When I was 10 years old, I would have killed for a tank like that.
I've been struggling with selling this thing but the petricolas alone are worth several hundred dollars at their size (bought them from a breeder so I'm pretty confident that they are true petricolas and not lucipinnis).

Really wish I didn't have to sell but I'm renting now and I can't bring it with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts