British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't read these already please do so, if you have read them maybe give them a look over to refresh your minds:D

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/freshwater-chat-9/site-rules-2782/
Classified Rules.
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/freshwater-livestock-25/*****read-before-posting-here******-2805/

Seems to be alot of rules being broken lately, either people have not read the rules or they are choosing to ignore them.

Remember this is a family orientated site with members from all walks of life.

There has also been alot of useless chatter on members ads. If a member is selling something for what seems to be a high price so be it. Ultimately it is up to the seller to list what price they want to sell said item for. If you think the price is too high but would like to purchase the item them pm the member and discuss it privately. If you think the price is high and have no intention on wanting said item then keep the comments to yourself.

Don't post on members ads unless your interested. Some members subscribe to their ads and when they get a notification of a new response they tend to think that someone might be interested and I can imagine it gets quite annoying when they go to check it out and it is nothing but useless chatter.

Also remember that your only allowed 2 active ads at a time. Why start up 4 ads for equipment when you can group all the items in one ad. Just helps to keep the boards cleaner. Getting to the point where members will no longer be warned or asked to combine them. If you find your ads closed you know why.

Please abide by the simple rules we have put in place, we are a very lenient bunch here compared to other sites but it gets tiring of having to warn people all the time. Been awhile since I myself have handed out any infractions and don't like having too, but if things continue then will be forced too.

One of the biggest complaints that I think we have been seeing around here is that the site isn't as friendly as it used to be. I believe this is due partly to the fact that the site is growing and that just happens. Another part I think is that some members are jumping down peoples throats when they see them doing something wrong. BCaquaria started this site to help fellow fish nuts with the hobby and for newbies to learn. What some members need to realize is that at one time they were a noob and knew nothing so keep that in mind when newbies are posting and trying to learn. Generally most members are pretty helpful here but there seems to be a few that think they know everything about the hobby and treat people who don't know much like idiots. I have been to sites where there are lots of members who do such things and therefore I don't even go to them.

In closing be civil, treat others as you would want to be treated yourself. Don't break the rules and if you haven't read them please do so.

Cheers
Aaron

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
As a team, we try to minimize the infractions and bans unless absolutely necessary. Therefore, please read over the rules, even if you have in the past, in order for everyone to be on the same page about what is acceptable and what is not on the site.

For those members who have received several warnings about their posts, keep in mind that many other websites would simply ban you rather than send out multiple warnings. We are NOT picking on anyone, regardless of what someone who receives a warning or several, may think. The mods are simply enforcing posted site rules.

The rules are there for a purpose and that's to keep the board running as smoothly and conflict-free as possible. Please try to abide by the rules.

Have a great day everyone. I know I will :D Sun shining out & spending the day with Felicia = lots of fun outside.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just had a member pmed me 2 days ago coz he think the co2 system I'm selling is too expensive. though he said it well I still feel insulted anyway I'm sure he's a nice guy.....just one of those things...u just cant make everybody happy....thanks

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
At least he tried speaking with you in private instead of commenting on your thread, that truly frustrates me when I see this happening on classified ads.

·
Registered
690 Posts
If I may add to this, I would just say treat each other with respect period :) I find (especially at work) "treat others as you want to be treated yourself" doesn't always translate into being respectful because some people don't mind being criticized so given that, they will criticize others. It's a tough one to live by but I always encourage friends, family, and colleagues to "not make things personal and don't take things personally" :)

I continue reading posts here because there are many nice/cool people who are always willing to help me out, give me some advice, etc. I'm glad I have found this site!

This is the key here. If you follow this in your life (not only BCA), then you will see that your life becomes very beautiful.

Thanks Aaron :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just wish he did not comment at all...but hey...thats life....I use to sell a lot of plants here on BCA and my price is pretty decent on most plants or even cheap on top of that with free plants then I stop just because its easier to trade them than wait for the pick up time....anyway, now I see some people selling plants 3 times the amount than I used to charge but WHAT DID I SAY???!!! NOTHING!!!!! coz thats their price and I respect that

At least he tried speaking with you in private instead of commenting on your thread, that truly frustrates me when I see this happening on classified ads.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Constructive criticism is a vital part of life that helps the individual learn and evolve.

If someone doesn't treat you the way you want to be treated, thats ok. You should still treat them the way you want to be treated. It probably sounds stupid, but the best punishment for someone who does bad to you is that you do good to them such that they end up regretting that they did something bad to you. Some people learn and that helps them evolve, some people never learn...but thats their problem because their life is definitely filled with agitation, regrets and darkness.

A tree has many fruits...sweet fruits as well as sour fruits...its in our hands to pick the right ones. :)

If I may add to this, I would just say treat each other with respect period :) I find (especially at work) "treat others as you want to be treated yourself" doesn't always translate into being respectful because some people don't mind being criticized so given that, they will criticize others. It's a tough one to live by but I always encourage friends, family, and colleagues to "not make things personal and don't take things personally" :)

I continue reading posts here because there are many nice/cool people who are always willing to help me out, give me some advice, etc. I'm glad I have found this site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts