British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It was a sad day today, luckily there were only couple of algae eater in the tank and my 13" blue diamond rhom was sold to a new owner 2 weeks ago.
Anyways, i found the side of my tank leaking today and it was bad, is this possible to be resealed? If so, is there anyone out there can do it professionally?
or should i just get a new one?

Please forgive me about the pic quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I could be wrong but looking at the silicone it looks like this tank has been repaired once already. I would go new!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
That's not just a reseal.

The separation is so big, the side glass would need to be stripped out completely and re-attached.

I vote replace the tank

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'd get a new tank.... Then, reseal that one .. It isn't a difficult job, just tedious cleaning off the old silicone and resealing. There's lots of video tutorials up on Youtube to guide you through the process.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
ive resealed a bunch of tanks and never had issues but I have decided not to anymore because if something happens I couldn't live with myself

·
Registered
393 Posts
The integrity of the glass is fine. I'd just take it apart and refurbish it. Looks like a poor silicone job was done on it already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts