British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Sunday, June 27th, the Reef Network club (a local sw fish/reefing club) will be holding its summer auction/swap meet at my place in Burnaby. 6745 Lakeview Ave.

There will be lots of frags to buy, sell, trade. There may also be a small auction happening indoors. The event will most likely be held outside in my backyard & on my deck. Lots of local reefers are busy fragging their corals and making sure they have stuff to bring and money to buy new frags.

SPS, LPS, softies, etc.

Used equipment and maybe stuff like test kits, supplements, etc. too.

These events are always a lot of fun and its great to meet up with local reefers.

Start time is 11am to 4:30pm (or maybe later if people want to hang out & have a bbq).

BTW, non-sw people are welcome to come by and pick the brains of local reefers in case you're interested in sw tanks, marine fish or corals.

Anthony

Registered
Count me in Mang!!

Anthony let me know if you need help with setting up....

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We just noticed that June 20th is Father's Day. Soooooo, postponed one week to June 27th.

Same time, same place, same event.

Just the following week. Last Sunday of June, NOT Father's Day.

Anthony

Registered
Oh Anthony I have been waiting since the last one you had. I am coming.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buyers are welcome. No need to bring any frags. Money is fine:D

Like I stated earlier, even if you don't have a sw tank & want to come by and check it out, there should be lots to see & learn. Lots of used equipment that would work fine in fw will probably be for sale too.

Anthony

Registered
That's great as I probably couldn't come on the 20th. Anthony, perhaps you should edit the first post as well so nobody misses the date change by not reading the entire thread :D

Registered
Oh man, I missed last year!!
Gonna try real hard to be there this year though.
Looking forward to it Anthony, OK to bring the family in tow????
Cheers!!
Don

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone is welcome. Family members too.

If you just want to hang out, BYOM & BYOD and we'll throw it on the BBQ. The Reef Network will probably have some food & drinks available for a nominal cost for those who don't want to bother bringing stuff to eat or drink. Just bring a few bucks extra and we'll throw some dogs & marinaded chicken on the BarB for you. (Maybe some other foods as well if I'm really motivated - ie. Malaysian curry chicken with coconut milk rice).;)

My idea is that this will be an all-around event, not just for reefers. We'll have things for fw & sw enthusiasts to see or buy and there should be a lot of experienced fish-keepers to talk to. All levels of aquarists are expected and welcome to join.

Registered
Sounds like this is gonna be a great event, I hope the weather stays clear!!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like this is gonna be a great event, I hope the weather stays clear!!
My deck is covered and if the weather's not great, I have other huge tarps to cover most of my backyard.

Hopefully, in the next 3.5 weeks, summer will arrive and the sun will be out & then we can all complain about how HOT it is;):D

Registered
Count us in Anthony! We'll stop by at some point to shop (as hubby is frantically figuring out how to stuff yet one more frag into the already stuffed tanks!!).

Registered
Sounds like this will be a good time. Too bad i'll be out of town working:(
I've told Brenda there will be Malaysian curry chicken with coconut milk rice and frags ;) So she will be attending, but will going fragless. Coming home with a few goddies, I hope. Have fun everyone.

Registered
remind me; although I have been out of sw for many, many decades I have an "impromptu" auction item to donate!!! go Anthony!!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well, to free up all the reefers wanting to buy, sell, trade, talk reef, I asked Irene (my wife) to run the "concession" stand, so she will be "manning" the bbq & drink cooler. Whoever is hungry can buy some inexpensive eats (probably do bbq chicken, hot dogs or smokies, pop, juice & if I have time, curry chicken on coconut milk rice). So that way we all have more time to spend yapping and don't have to miss lunch or a snack to do it.

Anthony

Registered
ugh! I wish I could go. I need some things to get a tank going... hmm.. maybe I'll send someone ;)
Why can u go if i may ask :)

Registered
I direct a youth choir and that is the day of our spring/summer BBQ! Maybe we should have it at Anthony's??? hmm.. maybe not as nice as Belcara.. actually.. for an aquarist, it is nicer!

Premium Member
Just a reminder, the swap is this Sunday at Anthony's house. Everyone's invited; even FW people :)D) as there's going to be a lot of used equipment available.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts