British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have been managing a school tank for a while. Due to COVID-19, many schools across the province will likely face closure. Therefore I will not be able to care for the tank. As such, I will be tearing it down and need to rehome the fish.

There are about a dozen Sparrow Rasboras and a few Mosquito Rasboras.

Please comment or message me if you have an appropriate tank to re home these guys!
Best suited for a nano tank by themselves or with other peaceful fish.

Thank you!

Serious inquiries only, I would really like these guys to be well-cared for.
Pick up in UBC, ideally this week.

Plant Rectangle Grass Vegetation Terrestrial plant

Fin Fish Marine biology Underwater Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone have "ShagonWagon"s phone number? Please PM me if you do!

I need to cancel today because the key holder for the school can't let me in today.

Thanks,

Davis

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there,

Apologies for the late reply!

Appreciate the offer, but I don't think I'll be continuing the aquarium after the lockdown ends.
University will be keeping me extremely busy for the time being.

With such a small water volume, the tank is extremely difficult to keep stable, especially when I only drop in once a month.
Most likely, this tank and equipment will go on sale. Or I will be converting it into a terrarium/vivarium where algae won't bother me.

Nonethless, I do appreciate your generosity!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Are your dozen Rasboras still looking for a home? I have a thickly planted Asian tank they’d fit into very easily. If they are still available send me a text (604) 240-096two and we can arrange something.

I also help 4 teachers with their tanks and face similar issues as you. Their tanks are primarily African Cichlid tanks about 30 G each and less demanding but it is still a concern with all schools locked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts