British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They need your help, if you have any room in your fish tanks then please come by and help these poor fish.

The PetSmart on marine dr in North Vancouver is looking to home some fish for free so if you have any room please help these guys out. Otherwise they are just going to die in those small tanks.

North Vancouver, BC V7J 3J7
604-924-9889

Well I know we can all help these fish out with a better life act now!!!! Here are some pictures of what was left as of 5pm but you might want to call if your coming from far away. Also got some pictures of what to expect before they told us to stop.

Mostly the fish had fins eaten away and also some hith

Stock that needs our help:
Red Devil Cichlid (estimate 3-4 left)
Blood Parrot (5-6)
Turquoise Severum (6-7)
Green Terror (6-7)
Ret Tailed Tinfoil Barb (10-15)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
WOW! From a chain store, that's new! wouldn't expect them to give it for free... but I'm kinda glad they are for the sake of the fish instead of profit =)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Yeah first time i c this but at least u can c they care for the fish instead of letting them die there, hopefully they will some new homes i wouldnt mind some parrots

·
Banned
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I wouldn't mind the parrots neither! Too bad... i have work tomorrow! and not really a place to house em!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I was shocked myself they would do that, but what happended is since those fish are so ugly no one bought them, the inventory system automactialy kept ordering more and made it even worse. They actualy have another order for these fish on tuesday so thats why they want to clear these guys out asap.

I'm just glad they didn't cull them so do your part guys and help them out!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
is HITH contagious?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not 100% sure its actual hole in head, might just be bites from the other fish. Dosen't look the same as what I have seen online and if it is then is isen't as bad.

From my understanding its not contagious, as long as you look after your tanks, but I will be treating them with metronidazole

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, that's a good deal, I can believe that they'd give the fish away to avoid aggression.

I have to say though, that location has ROUGH looking fish, I actually stopped going there because some of the fish were just too beat up... Catfish and pacus swimming with no fins, cichlids with shredded fins... Sounds like someone on staff got some sense and decided to thin out the stock.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok after looking again at the fish i got today in my hospital tank, they are in bad shape, under the light in the store you can't see the hith as much, but it looks worse then I thought. Well ill have to med them up and hope that they all heal up ok.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
did anybody called?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
For those people who get these "free" fish, PLEASE use a hospital or quarantine tank. Dont put them in your main tank without quarantining them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks smiladon, guess I should have mentioned that!

Looks like the rescue is going well so far from reports all that is left now are the Red Tailed Tinfoil Barbs

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Wow thats great, i was going to call but got busy :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts