British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know what.. After some chats with old friends on the forum I realize I might have posted too hastily out of emotion. I'm going to try and make it work, taking the turtle with me to Toronto. I will be reaching out to people for shipping help...

This is why I love the community. Thanks everyone. Closing this

-------

Hi everyone, after a long hiatus from the site I'm back...

Long story short I have a 10-12" FRT that can no longer be reliably taken care of. He is free to a good home however he has a condition. By his left hind leg, he is bloated and has a gas pocket which causes him to float.

He is able to feed but struggles a little bit. A herp vet (Eagle Ridge I think) has taken a look and said it wasn't serious/life threatening, a year ago, but he may need another check with the vet to fix it. The turtle was x-rayed and had a bunch of other tests taken. Other than the floating he was billed with a perfect score of health (I can release the records to you if needed)

Here's the long story of why he's up for adoption now. The FRT is mine but I had to move to Toronto for work. I left him under the care of my father at his house but my dad is is starting to get Alzheimer's and can no longer reliably take care of the turtle.

I came back this week from Toronto to discover the conditions he was being kept in are disgusting and, regrettably, have to get rid of the turtle. I would take him with me to Toronto however I don't have the ability to make the logistics happen quickly (plan was to build a garage in my backyard in Toronto but that will be at least spring 2017).

Please help me and the turtle out by giving him a safe home. Another option is for you to care for him and when I have adequate facilities next year I take him back.
Email me at [email protected] for fastest response.

***I WILL BE ASKING FOR PICTURES/INFO OF WHAT YOU ARE HOUSING HIM IN BEFORE I GIVE HIM UP****

My last resort is taking him to the reptile refuge but I don't want to be one of those people... but the animals safety comes before pride.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Hi everyone, after a long hiatus from the site I'm back...

Long story short I have a 10-12" FRT that can no longer be reliably taken care of. He is free to a good home however he has a condition. By his left hind leg, he is bloated and has a gas pocket which causes him to float.

He is able to feed but struggles a little bit. A herp vet (Eagle Ridge I think) has taken a look and said it wasn't serious/life threatening, a year ago, but he may need another check with the vet to fix it. The turtle was x-rayed and had a bunch of other tests taken. Other than the floating he was billed with a perfect score of health (I can release the records to you if needed)

Here's the long story of why he's up for adoption now. The FRT is mine but I had to move to Toronto for work. I left him under the care of my father at his house but my dad is is starting to get Alzheimer's and can no longer reliably take care of the turtle.

I came back this week from Toronto to discover the conditions he was being kept in are disgusting and, regrettably, have to get rid of the turtle. I would take him with me to Toronto however I don't have the ability to make the logistics happen quickly (plan was to build a garage in my backyard in Toronto but that will be at least spring 2017).

Please help me and the turtle out by giving him a safe home. Another option is for you to care for him and when I have adequate facilities next year I take him back.
Email me at [email protected] for fastest response.

***I WILL BE ASKING FOR PICTURES/INFO OF WHAT YOU ARE HOUSING HIM IN BEFORE I GIVE HIM UP****

My last resort is taking him to the reptile refuge but I don't want to be one of those people... but the animals safety comes before pride.
I hope your FRT finds a good home!

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,450 Posts
wish my tank wasn't acrylic

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know what.. After some chats with old friends on the forum I realize I might have posted too hastily out of emotion. I'm going to try and make it work, taking the turtle with me to Toronto.

I will be reaching out to people for shipping help... Thanks. Closing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.