British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a couple of these guys for my 60G community tank last week-end. They ignore every other fish, but they keep bickering with each other and one of them is now chasing the other one pretty consistently. I can't stand seeing such a beautiful fish stressed out, so the attacker has to go. If he's not gone by tonight, I'll take him back to the store tomorrow.

What you save: about half the price. I honestly don't remember exactly how much I paid for these guys, but it was around $10 each. Maybe 9, maybe 12.
What I save: a trip to the other end of the city.
Win-win. :D

Pick up only in Killarney. PM me if interested.

That's him here in these pics (click to enlarge). Yes, they both like this pleco cave. :rolleyes:

EDIT: pics removed for now because I need to figure out the photobucket sharing thing.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way, I forgot to mention, but these guys like low pH, so please don't put him an anything much above neutral. My pH is neutral here and they seem fine, but going above that might be pushing it a little. I know, there's the argument that fish get used to any pH as long as it's stable, but not everyone agrees with this, so I'd prefer to err on the side of caution.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
AAAAAAhhhhhhhhh fur fack sakes, I want this fish!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
PMs replied.

You know what the little devil just did to me? I netted him about an hour ago, thinking I would save some time to the buyer. Usually I have to remove everything in the tank, so that takes time. So I go and oh miracle, I net him in a few minutes. Happy and proud of a job well done, I put him in a floating nursery. Go and do something else. Now I go back to check on him, and find an empty nursery :eek:. He jumped out of it back into the tank, the bummer! Now I'm in for a major decoration removal operation I'm sure! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to clarify, I will not keep the fish on hold for anyone until pick-up has been arranged. A PM asking for my phone number doesn't qualify as a pick-up arrangement as far as I am concerned. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, Mr Agassizii #1 is back to the store. And Mr Agassizii #2 seems to be thanking me for this. He's swimming happily across the tank and seems a lot more relaxed. His colours seem brighter already (or maybe I'm imagining that). I might try and find him a nice little Ms Agassizii or two one day...

Thank you all who expressed interest. Too bad we couldn't work something out. There are days where things just don't seem to work out...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
good luck on your search for the ms'es lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts