Rena xP4 Filter
Rena Smart Heater
Coralife strip Light
Koralia 3 Powerhead
Driftwood w/ 3 attached Anubias plants
50 lb bag black 3m sand
Red LED lights

All this for $275 !!!

Approx. 7" long each. 2 females & 1 male. They are currently living happily in a 65 gallon tank. They haven't had live food for months. I've been feeding them Prawns, Tilapia, Halibut, Tuna, Smelts, etc.

Here's a link to some info about them:

Everything You've Ever Wanted To Know About Keeping Gulper Catfish - MonsterFishKeepers.com

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow good price for rare fish!
Thanks! I kept the price quite low because I really want to sell the Gulpers together. I would hate to have to split them up because they are always within an inch or 2 of each other. I bought an 8"+ Gulper from Island Pets last year for $200 and that was actually the last time I've seen them for sale at any LFS.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best to talk to Richard (Richbca). I think his looking for some more.
I messaged Rich, but he already bought more Gulpers.

I'll try to take a video of the Gulpers when I feed them in the next couple of days & post it.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Price is now lowered.

I haven't had a chance to take a video of them, but if anybody wants to see some photos click on my name & look at my public profile. There are a couple pics of them in my 'Fishes' album. They are 3 of the mid sized Gulpers in the pics (the big 10"+ Gulper passed away).

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'd really like to sell these fish :) New lower price.

I've really enjoyed having these Gulpers but I'm having another baby so I'm trying to downsize (the bigger my belly gets, the less fun it is to lug buckets of water around for water changes :p)

Gulper Catfish are great because they're a monster fish that doesn't need a monster sized tank. They will eat literally anything that they can fit into their mouths. There's a posting on MonsterFishkeepers about somebody's 3" Gulper eating their 8" Leichartdi Arowana! Another interesting thing about Gulpers is that they can 'puff up' like pufferfish.

I apologize again for not having photos posted directly on this listing but my computer has been having Photobucket issues recently. As stated in an above post just click on my name, then my public profile, & look at my 'Fishes' photo album to see some photos.

·
Registered
499 Posts
From my experience alot of the members here are binners !

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I think we're all lacking on the same things! "Not enough room/Tanks" + "Not enough money"! =) i think i just spoked for most of us~

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really want to take down the tank that the Gulpers are in. If somebody could pick it up in the next week I'd sell as a package:

3 Gulper Catfish (7-8")
65 gallon tank w/ glass lids
black stand/cabinet (custom built)
Rena xP4 Filter
Rena Smart Heater
Coralife strip Light
Koralia 3 Powerhead
Driftwood w/ 3 attached Anubias plants
50 lb bag black 3m sand
Red LED lights

All this for $275 !!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
gulpers will eat anything that will fit in its mouth..id suggest maybe watching a couple youtube vids first . id say its best just to keep these guys alone. I cant beleive no one has picked this up. Such A great Deal Pam!!!!! Ill try to convince my co-worker over the weekend :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Would they be safe to put in with my lung fish and arawana?
Gulpers actually can be housed with fish. Some are very greedy and eat everything and some know to only eat the food that is dropped from the top of the tank. Depending on what kind of lungfish it is the lungfish could turn around and kill the gulpers. I'd say that if your arrow is 16"+ and has a good temperment then it would be okay, the lungfish I'm not sure about. Arrows stay on top and gulpers usually stay on the bottom so it could work.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well the aro is about 7" and is skiddish exept feeding time and the lung fish is African and is about 9". He dosent come out of his den exept to eat or occasionally say hello seems to leave the other fish alone (I read that lung fish can be aggressive but mine seems ok. If he get aggressive I would have to get a tank divider)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.