British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting out of the hobby. This is my very last tank.

Full setup. Originally bought from Petsmart 3 to 4 years ago. Everything is in excellent condition except for the glass tops on the left hand side, where the plastic hinge is broken (shown in pic below). It still opens fine and is not a problem for feeding/cleaning.

- The tank is 48"x18"x21". No scratches or anything. The back and left-hand side are painted black. Can easily be removed if you don't like it.

- The stand is your typical pine stand. In perfect condition.

- The filter is an Eheim Pro4 2075. The impeller is just starting to be a bit noisy so you might want to replace it if you are a noise freak like me. If you're not then you probably won't notice it with the doors closed as it's still pretty quiet.

- The light is Current USA LED Plus, 48"-60". Comes with a programmable remote so you can choose your colours and/or effects (e.g. thunderstorms). Worlds perfectly.

- The controller is a Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite. You can look them up. For me the best feature was that it allows you to switch off the filter (and switch on the lights if you program it for that) for feedings. It's called standby mode. The filter comes back on after half an hour. That saved my life (or rather that of my fish) since I so often forgot to switch the filter back on before I got this guy.

It's still running so that you can see it in action. It's been without fish for a few weeks though so the bacteria in the filter will have to be rebuilt with a full cycle.

I will offer it as a full setup at first, but I'm perfectly happy to part out at some point if nobody wants the whole thing. Prices below.

Tank + stand + glass tops = $200 - NOW $175
light = $150
filter = $150 - NOW $125
controller = $50 - NOW $40

Full setup: $500 and I can throw in the heater and the sand if you'd like. It's Caribsea Sunset Gold. You can also have the Amazon seed pods that can be seen on the right. NOW $450 for everything.

Pick up in South East Van (Killarney).

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump to the top. The sand is out and everything is clean and ready to go. Still full of water so that you can see it in action.

·
Registered
14 Posts
An aquarium controller board is a device that will monitor one or more tasks or pieces of equipment that you use in your aquarium. Their functions can be as simple as turning the light on and off at designated times, monitoring the condition of the water, and initializing an automatic water change.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An aquarium controller board is a device that will monitor one or more tasks or pieces of equipment that you use in your aquarium. Their functions can be as simple as turning the light on and off at designated times, monitoring the condition of the water, and initializing an automatic water change.
Err... yes. :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Price drop. Now $450 for the whole thing. See first post for part-out prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts